The end of the Lambretta crank as we know it ???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
J1MS

Yep... Pauls right, these days you have to have a pensioners bus pass just to be allowed to get on to the start grid of a scooter race... Most riders I see on the race track now are nearer 40 than 20... but most of the racers wouldnt admit to being over 40... :lol:

But getting back to the original post.... LPC or HPC.... anyone... ;)
oldbiker

I think now that this topic has had a billion posts, the subject has just about been covered in enough detail, perhapse we should move on to the best colour for two stroke;

I used to like the look of the old shell 2T. but think that this rock oil synthetic stuff looks realy fast;

any comment
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

Rock Oil Synthesis is indeed superb...... but then again I have a bias ( I have sponsorship from them lol)
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

I'm bleeding 40! er ... I think,...? ;)
Retire soon.... nah bugger that. I've only just got me new motor. I wanna race the bleeding thing!
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

paulmgreen wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:
tony wrote: The fact that Edmonds is anywhere near is amazing, but to win outright is a remarkable achievement.
The fact that Ralph is old enough to be Charlie's dad, only rides now and then, and is on a bike built over fifteen years ago is nothing to do with it then?

I'd expect half the pack to be ahead of Ralph, considering they're all half his age on newly built machines.

have you actually been to a race meeting recently?

Riders are all half Ralphs age? ermmmmm I don't think so?

Ralphs bike built 15 yearsago.... ermmmmmm don't think so!

The bike may have ORIGINATED 15 years ago, but has had continual development and additional work since.
I have and i must say i was impressed with Charlies bike but i did see Ralph race back in the late 90`s and i must admit,ive never seen another race scooter go as well and sound so perfect.It was a while ago mind but i can say they were two different bikes.He does do the odd bit of development but the main bulk ofit is as it was when it was concieved in the early 90`s
snoghound
Xbox live gamer tag: wills2112

there both very good tuners probably the best out there, there also both very talented riders! you just cant compare the two bikes they are completley different! I would like to see charlie do a group six bike though im sure it would fly.
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

I think a few people would like to see a Charlie Gp 6... but I reckon he likes challenging within set resrictions to get the most from things.......
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
joespeed

tony wrote:
Special X wrote:
tony wrote:Well hi Dave. Things move on. Come and watch..A group 4 machine shouldnt be winning outright should it in the 'traditional' way of thinking? Smallframe vespas setting outright scooter lap records on the full cadwell circuit on its second outing? Tuned by the same man.
I wouldnt dispute the figures. They are correct. :)
It wasn't until Ralph Saxelby took his hook!

Btw Mr S said he was beating them all with aprox 25 bhp and loadsa torque. Given how low revving that bike is it's probably true.
Not actually true special X. Check the results mate.

Ralph last raced at Donny.. race 1 he won, race 2 ,Charlie won. And thats not because Ralph crashed on last lap as the red flag was out and it was counted back a lap as per rules. Ralph second.

Going back to 2007 as Ralph hadnt been out since.. he won both races at Oulton with Charlie second.

They next raced at Anglesey to which Charlie won 2 out of 3 races as he didnt finish the other race Ralph won. http://www.theresults.co.uk/theresults/ ... esults.pdf and http://www.theresults.co.uk/theresults/ ... esults.pdf and http://www.theresults.co.uk/theresults/ ... esults.pdf
And thats the last time he was out. In my mind (and Dave will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure ) a watercooled reed valved ,cut down, lightweight group 6 bike should be miles ahead of a grp 4, full bodied, piston ported , air cooled Lambretta running an inboard disc. The fact that Edmonds is anywhere near is amazing, but to win outright is a remarkable achievement.
could charlie been out in front have anything to do with 'fancy fuels'?
regards
joe
oldbiker

this post is drifting a bit now,

however, Though I have not seen a copy of the regs since the 80`s. I`m sure that the regs will still say that the fuel to be used MUST be standard pump fuel.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

surely by now someone will close this post, as the subjects covered have included just about everything under the sun. Even crank shafts :lol:
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Joe .. no. We do have fuel checks set occasionally by the vmcc. However as I bought the last lot of avgas for him and we mixed it up together and both used it I can tell you catergorically NO. Avgas is enough.
He is simply a clever bloke.
I personally would like him to do a grp6, a Zip SP.. I dont think he sees that as a challenge tho. Its all a bit easier with no restrictions, reed valves etc. You've seen what he has done with my 153cc vespa. And thats early days, no development yet.

Steve, no, unfortunately the regs are out of date, they always are under the current system. We are allowed to use avgas. Personally I want to use E85 and I think eventually the Acu will make us use it. This is good news,I've tested it.. more power!
Last edited by tony on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information