vbb front brake cable route help

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
iang
Main scooter: GP-auto / gts 250

Hi
can any one help ?I have recently been modding the front end on my vbb and I now need to know the cable route for the front brake?. It did come out the front of the horn casing and was crushed between the mudguard and the fork tube ,this didn't seem right..Does anyone know where I can see some pictures of the routing ,thanks
lambro

Front brake cable drops down the fork tube and out the bottoom of the leg.
Small loop and onto the brake adjuster.
No pics at the mo,
Sorry.
iang

Arghh ,dam....I've just had my vbb stem modded to a px efl drum set up so I no longer have the vbb open tube at the bottom..On a px does the front brake cable run down the fork tube too ?
lambro

iang wrote:Arghh ,dam....I've just had my vbb stem modded to a px efl drum set up so I no longer have the vbb open tube at the bottom..On a px does the front brake cable run down the fork tube too ?
Oh,
PX cable drops down fork leg but exits just below the speedo cable hole.
I assume you still have a speedo cable hole?
I reckon if you are careful enough you could drill a brake cable hole just below it (1" ish).

Shaun.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

iang wrote:Arghh ,dam....I've just had my vbb stem modded to a px efl drum set up so I no longer have the vbb open tube at the bottom..On a px does the front brake cable run down the fork tube too ?
Whats the reason for the PX forks, was it change to 10" or adding a disc brake.
iang

It was running 10" wheels but the standard vbb front end was too soft and wheel bottomed out up in mudguard on braking and the brakes were not a lot of cop, and to be fair it's not been straight forward as I got Harry Barlow to mod the original vbb stem to the px efl fork as he has a jig..
Pleased with what he done I then cleaned the welding up and had it all filled and smoothed out and re-painted but then I was not happy with the ride height and the shock failed on the tyre !!
Turned out to be a right old job and with the help of a friend have ended up cutting and re-welding the actual shock and then moving the top shock mount up to above the mudguard as in the scooter and service modded vespa front ends. I was a bit sceptical when doing it but I am know well pleased and the ride height is spot on.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

What front shock are you using on the set up. To keep the ride height as near as possible you either need to use the Malossi or Stage 6 shortened PX shock or the PK front shock. If I was going to all this trouble I would be installing a disc front end.

Your initial problem could have been solved with the stiffer spring and BGM front shock. Were the VBB forks for an 8" set up.
iang

I'm now using a pk shock and even when this was fitted it was still too high which made me want the mod the top mount .I didn't want a disc as I prefer the look and I like the feel of a well set up drum with decent pads and you can't fault the brakes on the scoot now.

WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

That looks a really nice modification,great work there fella.
iang

WINTERMODEL150 wrote:That looks a really nice modification,great work there fella.

I agree ...top job and well pleased
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information