Good Seats

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lamaddict

I wish someone made a good selection of seats for Lambretta's and Vespa that are reasonably priced and as good as the orginals that were made back in the day. We seem to be over run with Indian and Vietnamese seats and the better ones just don't seem as good and are so unaffordable.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Use an original base and find agood seat man ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Buzz Solomoto usually has a good seat selection.
shocky

http://www.scootopia.co.uk/search/results/seat

Alot of people think £60 is enough to spend on a seat and for that you get some rock solid far easten made seat that cost $10 to make its ok if you want that sort of thing and you see armloads of them at parts to get a uk or european made one will cost £120 plus, people I know say f@@k that its only a seat as they spark up from there £9 a pack cancer sticks pays your money takes your choice
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Most of the standard style Viet seats I've sold have had original Italian frames such as Giuliari fitted. I've often thought that I could get more on fleabay for the frames than the £58 I sell the complete seat for.

Indian loaf of bread seat fitted on my GP.

Must be one of the ugliest seats ever [apart from Fastback style] but without doubt the comfiest seat I've ever had.

Noooooo, I haven't got S/S panels, merely trying one to see what the fit was like. It was a better fit than my GP panel. Customer had them sprayed but left the centre section as is and they looked great. He wanted chrome but couldn't find a set straight enough to chrome plus the S/S set were far cheaper than the cost of chroming a set.

PS don't ask about the spare tyre, it's top secret. :o
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

If they've got Italian frames why do they have all the aesthetic appeal of a concrete breeze block? :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information