Cyclone 5

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

sydduckett

sonicdave wrote:Mine blew up at 30mph and destroyed my engine case.It had been fine up until that point and showed no signs that anything was wrong.I had a lot of money invested in that case as it was set up for an LC barrel,in fact the whole scoot was built around that case.I still haven't got over it and haven't looked at that scoot since it happened.
I would be very careful using a cyclone in anything with any power as there is no telling when it will break,destroy your engine,or worse
Sorry to hear that. What let go? Seems that it's the Christmas tree in most cases. hope the damage ain't to bad.
sydduckett

Doom Patrol wrote:I'm baffled by this whole Cyclone debacle to be honest. You can use the same metal as Captain America's shield if you want. It won't make a blind bit of difference unless you are addressing the basic fact that the gears don't appear to line up properly.
It does seem there are issues getting the final gear and corresponding cog to line up flush. mine was way out first go but by the end I had about a 3/4 match. Iv seen a thread somewhere I think that says you can get a 100 match but requires some lathe work. Not what you want when spending nigh on £900 but that's pretty much the case for most Lambretta upgrades.. :)
Markpm
Main scooter: LI series 3 RB200

I've fitted one to my RB and it's great so far,I didn't think there were any more available at this point??
If MB can do them they should maybe break cover and start taking names of who would like one etc, I can't see enough people chapping there door to ask,if they offered it up on the other hand I think it would be a different story
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

sydduckett wrote:
Doom Patrol wrote:I'm baffled by this whole Cyclone debacle to be honest. You can use the same metal as Captain America's shield if you want. It won't make a blind bit of difference unless you are addressing the basic fact that the gears don't appear to line up properly.
It does seem there are issues getting the final gear and corresponding cog to line up flush. mine was way out first go but by the end I had about a 3/4 match. Iv seen a thread somewhere I think that says you can get a 100 match but requires some lathe work. Not what you want when spending nigh on £900 but that's pretty much the case for most Lambretta upgrades.. :)
hmmm thats strange as I dont think any of my lambretta upgrades needed any lathework???

Angle grinders, welders and a clothes horse yes, but certainly not a lathe!
Donnie.
mickjr

marks already got names of people who want one of his gearboxes who would give a deposit,hes got to make time for a meeting with his manufacturer,but hes snowed under with RT CYLINDER work fitting reeds work,and everyday walk in work,so its on the cards plus he would like to do a mbd 6 speed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information