Scoot RS 'Atomic' reed valve conversion...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

My 28mm PWK carb fits on the same rubber as my 30mm PHBH. If,as he says,the atomic can be used with the PWK then it follows that it can be used with the PHBH
pasner

Does someone have any first hand feedback about this product? not many info in the net.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

pasner wrote:Does someone have any first hand feedback about this product? not many info in the net.
I've fitted the smaller one to my Mugello 225 with PHBH 26mm, the manifold wouldn't clear the frame and I ended up doing much fettling and then removing over 1 mm from the base of it. Also needed to use a 7mm nut with 10mm head to get a socket on the front nut. Seems to perform well though although only done a couple of hundred miles so far.
Originally I holed the piston prior to fitting the reed when using a Mikuni TM24 which I intend to re-fit. I used the PHBH because it was working OK on the stg 4 top end prior to refitting the Mugello.

Modelled on the LTH original CNC one but that fitted without the fettling. I'll get my stock of them milled before I sell anymore of them. I would inform scootRS but they'll take no notice so not worth the aggro, so I don't re-order that product or any other that they claim is fine when they fit them, their loss.
Like the deep crownwheels that need milling to allow the plates to sit lower, they're not prepared to mill them as it costs extra ..... but I'd pay extra......... , but they don't do it so I don't re-order. We both lose.
camel

just get the MB one.....fits,works,performs.easy.
ArmandTanzarian

camel wrote:just get the MB one.....fits,works,performs.easy.
As does the LTH one
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
harpo

i'm running a scootrs reed valve don't waste your money in less you don't mind if hitting the frame ever time you hit a bump and yes i've a good rear adjustable
shock up to the last and offset cones and still hits the frame 30mil dellorto on it but the rubber has split after 1000 miles
no lth in stock when i got mine sorry i did'et wait
boonyed

Camel

I found that strange too. If he doesn't know whether it fits carbs other than the PWK how can he flog it? Does he expect scooterists to buy one on the off chance that it'll fit their set up?

This from the site:
rubber manifold with 34mm opening to fit our PWK 24-30mm carburetors (might also fit Dellorto 26-30 PHBH, VHSA 28, Mikuni TM24-30 but check your carb first)

MIGHT also fit! WTF?
Muttley McLadd

Maybe PHBH carbs are hard to get hold of in Vietnam, to do any checking. Maybe.. :roll:
CakeAndArseParty
pasner

Thanks Corrado and Harpo for sharing your experience and good advice. I will spend my hard earned in a LTH reed valve conversion. Thanks again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information