Gp only runs with choke out

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Basic question , I know. After not been started for 6 months my indian gp will only run with the choke out. New fuel, stripped carb, blew out jets, same. Starts fine, ticks over and rides ok with choke out. Choke in really boggy at 1/4 throttle and dies on tick over, air screw adjusted, same. Standard 150, standard air filter and pipe, with 22mil dellorto jetted to a 150. your thoughts gents....
bsso78

If it ran fine before you parked it up then its either the rings sticking or a blocked pilot jet. Id be more inclined towards the pilot.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

bsso78 wrote:If it ran fine before you parked it up then its either the rings sticking or a blocked pilot jet. Id be more inclined towards the pilot.
I'd agree with that....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Or the main seals broke down and failed. Maybe you run on super unleaded and the ethanol broke them down.
Something else to think about anyway
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Suede Ed

Thanks for the responses. I'll try the pilot jet, again. I was thinking it might not be carb related, thought may cylinder head loose? I'll check. Main seals?......sh"t, only done 50 miles since full rebuild prior to last winter :cry: Any other checks I can do before I start stripping the whole thing? Runs on standard gas. Once again thanks
Suede Ed

Think i'll do a visual and then a compression test? What reading is good?
bsso78

Its the pilot jet.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

^^^ What he said, check the jet, the crap goes hard in them, needs a poke with a copper wire. An airline doesn`t shift it all the time.
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
Supereibar

Do you know someone in your area who uses ultrasonic cleanse? I know Pete at PSL scooters cleanse everything with it. I know works a treat to clean hard to get small spots. Would be great to drop your carb for a cleanse.

Best,

J.
Suede Ed

Stripped carb again cleaned jets with wire.....same. Decided to check head etc. While removing bits, remembered I have an indian big bore exhaust I acquired, didn't have ubend , so ordered one from a well known supplier. Got ubend today offered up for test fit, F**king miles out! are they all like that? (gone off on a tangent I know).....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information