Inlet Manifold - problem!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Devlam
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 Special

I seem to be having problems with every bit I try to assemble on my build - getting a bit tedious to say the least.

Anyway -- I built my engine and when doing so I sealed the inlet manifold with a silicon gasket. Engine is now back on the frame, and when I was looking at the carb I notice that the diameter of the carb outlet (36mm) is less than the manifold diameter (40mm).

Appears I have the wrong manifold -- didn't even think about this when I put it on. So I can take it back and change it but.....

I seem to have done a really good job in sealing it as it don't want to come off tried soft mallet persuasion but no good. Given that I want to exchange it I need to be careful with it.

So I either persevere and try and get it off or I leave it on and use a stepped rubber (I think beedspeed do them)

If anyone has suggestions on how to break the silicon seal that would be great or......... are there any issues with using a stepped rubber?

Thanks for any help.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

all the stepped rubbers and formed rubbers seem to fail at an alarming rate ,approx every month and have location beads that dont always align with your chosen carb so force it off rather than hold it on so need checking as regularly as your tyre pressures to avoid a failure
the air hose/rad hose type rubbers with nylon cord construction are the strongest and once tightened up onto a carb or inlet form there own location bead ,u can create your own stepped rubber by mixing 2 diff sizes and cutting the smaller one in half to slide on the carb to step its size up to that of a larger rubber
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Try levering it through the manifold with a similar diameter wooden broom handle, rocking it from side to side . Air flow won't be as good as it should be with a stepped rubber but otherwise it'll do the job.
Devlam

Thanks gents -- I'd prefer to get it off so will have a go at that, also appreciate the good suggestion on the rubber.
Devlam

Cheers Martin - that did it. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information