Replay scooters

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Indeed. I hope to god I'm wrong and just being my usual cynical self but ........
Donnie.
Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

I dont know what kind of power your engine made but I know that Chalkie got just under 30 bhp out of my TS1 about 5-6 years ago built from brand new cases and all new parts. He took his time and blue printed the lot and used a few tricks here and there. It was matched to a JL4 and was a bit all or nothing but I got exactly what I asked for, I fooking loved it, it was like a fookin turbo kicking in. I remember the first time I rode it, I was sat bolt upright trying to look cool. The power came in and I nearly slid off the back of my highly polished Ancillotti :) Chalkie deffo knows is engines and is a genuinely nice bloke AAA+ for Replay Scooters.
Stay tuned..............
simonwwfc

I can't see a small trumpet doing any harm . Just want to try and stop oil and petrol spit from open mouth carb all over side runner board . Chalkie did say cam lam do a suitable carb if I want to run one any ideas
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Donnie.
Muttley McLadd

simonwwfc wrote:I can't see a small trumpet doing any harm.
This is gold :)
CakeAndArseParty
Speed Demon
Dealer

Let's be fair - there isn't a problem running a 'velocity stack' bell-mouth if the engine is set up to use it. There's one on my wife's TS1 because when dyno tested it gave a flatter fuelling curve than without.

The point people are trying to make is that whatever set-up has been made for your engine will go totally out of the window if you add one without re-jetting to suit. The difference is quite significant, so if you are going to fit one, make sure to get the engine dyno set up again.
Get to SULK
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

breathe sweet :) think its from cam lamb, they recomended it to me, I know it supposedly will cost me power, but cant have petrol all over the inside of the panels and stinking garage out. my garage is under someone elses house, already been in bother when the stupid new tank leaked 7.5 litres of petrol all over the floor and down the drive :(

if you get a chance to look at your dyno sheet and let me know what figures you got I would much appreciate it

Im having mine dynoed soon as my bits sell on ebay to pay for it LOL, and would at least like an idea of what to expect, its more important to me that it runs right and safe, however if its well adrift of other near same setups then I would like to know why.

the breathe sweet isnt supposed to affect the running, but I would have yours just run up again to be sure
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
Speed Demon
Dealer

Breathe Sweet works well, but it DOES affect the jetting, leaning the mid-rpm.
Get to SULK
joespeed

simonwwfc wrote:I can't see a small trumpet doing any harm . Just want to try and stop oil and petrol spit from open mouth carb all over side runner board . Chalkie did say cam lam do a suitable carb if I want to run one any ideas

simon, ask chalkie if he'll redyno the scooter after the trumpet is fitted and play safe,you have now got a fair chunk of dosh in this scooter you trusted chalkie to tune it etc,so you should be asking him about altering the inlet tract!
simonwwfc

Will do many thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information