GTS 250 V 300

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
noggin1969

I'm after spending some £ would any one recommend which one is the better buy ?
Has a mind full of useless s**t and isn't afraid to use it !
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

NNNOOOOOOO!!!! :shock:
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Muttley McLadd

noggin1969 wrote:I'm after spending some £ would any one recommend which one is the better buy ?
Why not buy a Japanese one if you're going to spend that much money?
CakeAndArseParty
noggin1969

Don't worry Daz i'm still keeping the TS1 , just i fancy something more for every day use like going to work on or just being able to pop on it after work on a saturday afternoon and shoot off to a rally not worrying that i'll be sat waiting for the AA ( like bangers and mash this year ) and missing out on drinking time :shock: . Least it'll stop Trisha moaning that i've ended up in the car again :D
e type

there not much in it but its that 300 badge tho 8-)
H,POOL GADGE
Main scooter: vespa polini220/gts 300

don,t be affraid of the darkside! it will open your eyes to the future!...no rally to far, cruise at 80mph, first time start eveytime, economical, no 2 stroke oil, perfect for 2 up and bagged up... gts 250, 85-90mph before rev limiter kicks in...300 same performance with a lot more torque, come into the light! don,t be affraid!!!!
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

it depends on how much you really won't to stop riding your old scoot.
only reason i'm saying that is a few of the local lads has gone across :o to
the dark side 250's and 300. and have all said have a go but beware they all love'em :D
so much they never ride the old scoots. because to be honest they are good bikes in all areas speed,reliability,comfort,handling, i'm getting dizzy now.
i'm on the fence on this one :?
Den
oh the 300 has the edge more lower end torque than the 250 not a great deal on top end so iv'e been told.
J1MS

Some of the lads I know, have bought the 250's & 300's and theres not that much between them for out and out speed.
But when travelling two up the 300 is far better......Have you considered a 500 Yamaha T-Max or Gilera Nexus....two of the best auto's.... IMO....
Muttley McLadd

J1MS wrote:Some of the lads I know, have bought the 250's & 300's and theres not that much between them for out and out speed.
But when travelling two up the 300 is far better......Have you considered a 500 Yamaha T-Max or Gilera Nexus....two of the best auto's.... IMO....
I'd be wary of a Nexus. I've ridden one. They're incredibly vibey, compared to the cheaper opposition. I test rode one and couldn't find a single speed where the mirrors would work.

Try a Burgman. It's a two up armchair, sips fuel, and is faster two up than the vespers. Also has more room, in case you're normal sized, rather than a dwarf.
CakeAndArseParty
noggin1969

in case you're normal sized, rather than a dwarf.

:D 6ft 3 and 17 stone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information