lambretta forks into vespa

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

I don't really want to get a Vespa stem welded onto the forks I've heard you can sleeve them somehow anyone got any idea on what i need to do this
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I fitted a set to a smallie in the 80's by fitting a sleeve on the forks that was machined to hold the lower bearing track on which raised the front end. Not sure about a P range but I would imagine provided the Lamby forks didn't hit the frame when turned lock to lock that you could cut the tube and either extend or shorten it by fitting an internal bar,drilled for the speedo and brake cables, then welding back together . You would probably need to weld on some sort of steering stop to co-inside with the Vespa one on the frame tube. The good thing is the bearings and top bearing rings are basically the same so Lamby ones could be used but beware the Lamby forks are thinner so the headset won't tighten up without snapping the alloy although a sleeve can be fitted and a groove cut into the forks for the headset bolt. Without having a set of Vespa forks to compare ,the Lamby forks could probably be cut in half just above the lower bearing track and a Vespa stem grafted on with the internal bar to keep everything in line ,Piece of p155 ;)
carlosfandangles

wack 63 wrote:I fitted a set to a smallie in the 80's by fitting a sleeve on the forks that was machined to hold the lower bearing track on which raised the front end. Not sure about a P range but I would imagine provided the Lamby forks didn't hit the frame when turned lock to lock that you could cut the tube and either extend or shorten it by fitting an internal bar,drilled for the speedo and brake cables, then welding back together . You would probably need to weld on some sort of steering stop to co-inside with the Vespa one on the frame tube. The good thing is the bearings and top bearing rings are basically the same so Lamby ones could be used but beware the Lamby forks are thinner so the headset won't tighten up without snapping the alloy although a sleeve can be fitted and a groove cut into the forks for the headset bolt. Without having a set of Vespa forks to compare ,the Lamby forks could probably be cut in half just above the lower bearing track and a Vespa stem grafted on with the internal bar to keep everything in line ,Piece of p155 ;)

piece of P155 - if you say so - way beyond me lol - Do SIP still sell those already done ones Joe?
C*NTSPEED

dunno but ive also got a set of vespa forks i could use the stem and stop off question is who do i trust to do the fabrication?
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
carlosfandangles

C*NTSPEED wrote:dunno but ive also got a set of vespa forks i could use the stem and stop off question is who do i trust to do the fabrication?
Dunno but interested who when you find someone. Wasn't slacker doing some. Interested cos I want some for my winter project......
C*NTSPEED

my mate spock is going to do them and also modify my rally headset to take a lammy speedo will report back in a few weeks pal
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
ducksta

torch engineering castleford said he could do them, if you get it welded m8 let me know thinking about this mod myself
live life your a long time dead
soulboy
Main scooter: t5 172 and a bit more

fellas its been done loads and loads of times and not heard of any horras ive got a mate waiting to do mine but ICANT FIND ANY FUKIN LAMMY FORKS :o :evil: :flaming:
FATBLOKE

soulboy wrote:fellas its been done loads and loads of times and not heard of any horras ive got a mate waiting to do mine but ICANT FIND ANY FUKIN LAMMY FORKS :o :evil: :flaming:
Local lad in Tamworth eh? What forks are you wanting? GP length or Li length? Do you only want the stem? does it have to be straight or can you get that sorted? I got some Li foorks with bent stem and had to cut one boot off... if they are any good to you you can have them free and I am only in Nuneaton. If you want to get posh I got some pucka Li forks with everything in for 60 quid... so whether you are a cheapskate or not I have the answer.... But you aint having the good ones for free and I wont sell you the other ones for 60 quid... seems fair to me????

pm me and I will send you my phone number...

Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information