MPG from a malossi 210 engine?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gaz_powell

TS1 20mpg !!!!!!

210 25mpg !!!!!!

my two standard ts1`s with taffspeed exhaust and 34mm vhsb give 40-55 depending on conditions and speed

my tuned p2 (chiselpeed tuned autisa barrel reworked standard piston, 26mm carb/standrad filter, SIP LH performer exhaust) does 55-65 mpg depending on conditions and speed

i dont potter about on my bikes they are used for rallies only - i need a balance of speed and decent mpg so i can stop as little as possible
gimp1971
Main scooter: vespa t5

i get about 65 out of a tank on my 172 reedvalved T5 with Taffy and 28mm carb but i just put a 21 tooth clutch on and noticed its not as revvy so might get a bit more now and it will sit at 70 easy with a fat fooook like me on it LOL
goldeneye

last Malossi 210 i had (JL right hand pipe/30mm dellorto) did about 85 miles to the tank before i would fill up. its still going strong with a local lad who uses it for work every day, he"s never complained about the MPG , and he ran a standard 200 before that. 20mpg! thats about 4 miles per liter! my helicopter does more than that man! :lol:
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

goldeneye wrote:last Malossi 210 i had (JL right hand pipe/30mm dellorto) did about 85 miles to the tank before i would fill up. its still going strong with a local lad who uses it for work every day, he"s never complained about the MPG , and he ran a standard 200 before that. 20mpg! thats about 4 miles per liter! my helicopter does more than that man! :lol:

Jeff

so whats the reason for such low MPG( ie mine 50 per full tank??) , is one 210 very similar to another or does the more porting etc make such a difference??

phil
goldeneye

dunno phil, mine was originally done at Chiselspeed in Leeds, and i actually UP- jetted it when it was dynoed, as i didnt trust it for real world riding, went from a 130 to a 132 main , with malossi bellows rubber to the frame intake. it would sit at 65-70mph with the throttle just cracked open, and had plenty of go to overtake, even twos up loaded with rally kit, great motor. probably because it wasnt getting the kahunas thrashed off it to get decent speed (like i said, sat at 65-70mph easily) it even had the original long 4th gear in it, and pulled it easily, thats may be why it was good on juice? i remember coming home from a rally, 2"s up with Redhead on the back, back and front carriers loaded to f@@k and a rucksack on the floorboards, and after 50 miles thinking i needed a tankfull, so pulled in. 4 liters! i was over the moon! its one scooter i regreted getting rid of, but me mate was off the road, and i had too many scoots at the time, so it went for peanuts really.... one arse and ten scooters doesn"t compute!
Diablo
Dealer

Alex why go Malossi. A Polini is much better suited to that set up.
I've just done Phils with a 60mm crank std carb and JL r/h and it makes 19.8hp and 17ft/lb torque.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

Diablo wrote:Alex why go Malossi. A Polini is much better suited to that set up.
I've just done Phils with a 60mm crank std carb and JL r/h and it makes 19.8hp and 17ft/lb torque.
and here endeth the lesson :fb:
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

C*NTSPEED wrote:
Diablo wrote:Alex why go Malossi. A Polini is much better suited to that set up.
and here endeth the lesson :fb:

Cant wait to get my hands on the Diablo Polini that Al has built for me. Hes also then going to have my 210 Sausage speed over winter so i should have something interesting for the start of next season also. :baddevil: :baddevil: :baddevil: :baddevil:
wax

I was going to ask you your advice on the matter before i made any purchases or tuning goodies Alan, you know that.......

I have looked at a P200 engine today with a slight crack in the engine case, but dunne know if i should steer clear or not? Should it or / Can it be welded?

I posted this on a fresh topic too.

I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
modpop
Main scooter: PX POLINI 221

lad up our way(liverpool) just had an 11ltr tank fitted by pete at psl. needs pump etc. got tank from scootertrumps. pump etc all comes with it. with some of the mpg's quoted here that may be the way to go. as stated though, polini is the future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information