MPG from a malossi 210 engine?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

why not run it on the standerd p2 carb will sit at 70 ish and better fuel economy?????
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
Muttley McLadd

What fork/brake are you putting in it?

Sounds like an interesting project. You're taking lots of photos, aren't you?? :)
CakeAndArseParty
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

I've got a 210 malossi in my GS. It's got standard carb up jetted and sito + exhaust. It's not the same as my TS1 or Monza. But does 70mpg on a motorway and thrases standard 200 lammies, p200's and malossi T5's. It runs smooth and can be run at full throttle with no issues. But I've a rally 200 to build & a spare malossi kit that I might do the same, but with a larger exhaust .
Talked to others about doing a really power house malossi, but seems a lot effort and fiddling to get there. But would welcome comments to prove otherwise.
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

admittedly if i had a rally i would try and keep looking as standard as possible , but i like that extra from the engine. Yes there can be alot of fiddling to get what you want, but, you have got to decide what you actually want from the motor, whether it be quick acceleration, good top speed or a great all rounder.
i went for all and ended up with top spec with reeds and it great for reliability. 1 break down in 13 yrs on a high tuned motor due to driveside seal splitting and going through barrel, i'm happy with that with the amount of miles ive covered lol
wax

I am chatting to some bloke on the internet who has a 210 engine for sale. It has a reedvalve on it, an SIP exhaust and 30mm carb at the mo, but i could see about dropping down on carb size to get the range that i am after. Maybe a 26mm or 24mm carb will fit?

There seems a massive difference in fuel economy: from 70 to 25 mpg for these engines, without much of a change in spec?

I would like to pootle about really, but be able to drive down a motorway without being blown-off by lorries in the slow lane. I am tempted to go-large, as my TS1 is 34bhp and is a real animal, but i should be sensible and reach some kind of middle ground, if poss. Trouble is, i love the classic scooter look and burning off cars at the same time.........

After seeing that Brown German street racer in scootering a few months back, i am getting drawn into that adrenaline buzz pimped-up vibe.....
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
JINX

Here is another, in between answer for performance and economy. This guy has been flying quietly below the radar for some time, he makes great products, and is a mad scientist when it comes to tinkering on his ideas.
http://www.hotrodscooters.com/

His vortex carb is a modification to the standard 24mm dellorto, so you don't lose the placement nor look, and there is no need for a special manifold. It increases flow and hp, while maintaining some fuel economy, and best of all, it has an adjustable main jet screw.

I flew one of these on my sprint powered malossi 210 for a few years, it was simply brilliant, whether it was finished with a sito plus or my JL lefty.
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

My sausage speed 210 with 28 ml and JL RH does 50 miles per tank (dont know what that is in MPG not a lot i imagine)

Dont know why its so thirty as my other 210 gave me about 15miles per tank more with a 30 ml and reedvalve??

Welcome any answers?

Phil
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

JINX wrote:Here is another, in between answer for performance and economy. This guy has been flying quietly below the radar for some time, he makes great products, and is a mad scientist when it comes to tinkering on his ideas.
http://www.hotrodscooters.com/

His vortex carb is a modification to the standard 24mm dellorto, so you don't lose the placement nor look, and there is no need for a special manifold. It increases flow and hp, while maintaining some fuel economy, and best of all, it has an adjustable main jet screw.

I flew one of these on my sprint powered malossi 210 for a few years, it was simply brilliant, whether it was finished with a sito plus or my JL lefty.

that set up is no good for us who have a scooter with no panals as the rain will go straight down the venturi and for that reason im going to try the polini vortex version it wont be as good but its £80 cheaper......two years ago we was banging on about hotrod al on another forum pity he does not like to answer emails from this side of the pond but i guess thats his lookout
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
JINX

the vortex comes with a stock carb box cover, with a bored out hole and foam filter in place. I should think that it would keep the rain out, but I guess its up to you if you don't want to use panels.

As for getting him, yeah, I use my phone. Once you do get him, watch out, he's loves talking 2 stroke theory. Try mid mornings, weekdays, california time.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Why not but a T5 malossi 172 engine in. Good mpg, will sit at 70 all day long. Imo the best engine I ever had.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information