FAG NU2205E - but made in India!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Yanker

tha83 wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:
tha83 wrote: I've never once seen a programme or news spot that alluded to racism as a factor. It kind of expanded during the Clinton years and that whole "most favored nation" BS. I think it's strictly a response to the lifting of tariffs and corporate greed. If you have examples of "Liberal Media" bias leading to the current craptastic situation then I'd be happy to be educated thus.
For real??
Sure, explain to me how the west decided to cut in the Chinese because they feared everyone would think they were racists if they didn't. Why did we want buttloads of cheap ass Chinese goods to replace well made but more expensive domestic goods? This was because we were collectively trying to shed our guilt for what? Seriously. No?
Replace 'they' with 'you' add 'guilt' 'corporate' (read national) and re-phrease that one with the words left to you please?
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

Sure, explain to me how the west decided to cut in the Chinese because they feared everyone would think they were racists if they didn't. Why did we want buttloads of cheap ass Chinese goods to replace well made but more expensive domestic goods? This was because we were collectively trying to shed our guilt for what? Seriously. No?[/quote]

Replace 'they' with 'you' add 'guilt' 'corporate' (read national) and re-phrease that one with the words left to you please?[/quote]

Thanks for your corrections and the highly illuminating PM. It's all very clear..........................not really.
Diablo
Dealer

tha83 wrote:A mate of mine has electronics manufactured in China. His biggest problem is that they agree a spec and then as soon as he's safely back in the UK, they change all of the components for cheaper ones. The first he knows of it is when customers start complaining that their equipment has conked out.
I have heard this over and over from all kinds of different folks. I can't imagine what the thought process is. If you cost your customer money (the person getting you to manufacture) how do you expect return business? It's short money versus long money. I myself am very happy to hear all this because I want the manufacturing back. Why companies in the US would trade with a country that supplies munitions to folks which blow our boys arms and legs off is beyond me. They have also supplied the Janjaweed. I do my utmost to buy fair trade, locally produced and union made products and let retailers know why I am buying or NOT buying the product they are offering. When I first started doing this 10 years ago, people thought I was a kook but know that they've seen jobs go away and quality decline I am making some sense.[/quote]

Please please tell me you are not using Chinese munitions sales as a reason you don't want to buy Chinese products.
You do realise your living in the US of A? Where do you think the taliban got the stingers from?
Arfur
Playstation gamer tag: hulkascooby

Guys
In the great militaryindustrial conspiricay money doesn't care who sells what. Can we stick the subject i.e quality of bearings and leave to world hierarchy discussions for another part of the forum please.
Speed Demon
Dealer

Personally I'd prefer brand bearings made in EU/Japan BUT if the big brands have factories put their they trust to put their name on then I'd risk it. Rather FAG/SKF (India) than fake FAG/SKF (EU) that are actually any old s**t whit some laser etching on.

As for big firms like Triumph not sourcing products from India - both Triumph and KTM (Bajaj main shareholder) have built new factories there and they will be supplying bikes to the EU soon. Lots of current Honda scooters come from India and guess what - they are best sellers and better quality than certain Euro brands we could mention. I'm not doubting Rocho's experience but if you keep sacking people who don't do the job right then I'm sure you can get good quality out of India. The main problem is their culture of 'cheap at all costs' but that attitude can be changed.
Get to SULK
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Arfur wrote:Guys
In the great militaryindustrial conspiricay money doesn't care who sells what. Can we stick the subject i.e quality of bearings and leave to world hierarchy discussions for another part of the forum please.
That's what I was alluding to in my second post ;) (It is the Lambretta Tech forum after all)

Anyway as the bearing place is an authorised FAG dealer I decided to go with the Indian bearing. (thanks for a reply from someone who has actually used them with no problems Diablo).
gaz_powell

Continuing the discussion ......

Just received a FAG drive side bearing from AF marked Korea

I`ve no problem putting it in

I once bought a P2 flywheel side packaged and sold by PA Italy - it was an indian NRB in the bag - its done many 1000`s miles

i think thats just life now - another example is tyres are the same michelin are made in Indonesia now - i still like and use S1`s
warts
Main scooter: honda

Is the clue in the fact that they put India and Korea etc as country of origin? If the big multinational thinks they can achieve the quality standards required, and that get easier every day as the machines are the same and more and more raw materials are produced in the developing nations.
The more invidious problem is out and out counterfeiting, some factory knocking out inadequate copies and selling them on as EU/USA. Some scuz along the supply line knows they are sh!t and is happy to sell to us as pukka and pocket the difference.
It may not even be the manufacturer, they may be producing cheap industrial grade stuff, which the middleman then packages as XYZ brand.
I know this happened here with Reynold chain. Miles of low grade industrial stuff for low speed conveyors, chopped up in to bike length pieces and sold at premium pieces.
dirtyhandslopez

Let's face it, we're all getting old and we think nothing is as good as it used to be.

The bearing suppier that supplies FAG around here stocks Argetinian made ones and swears up and down the Argies make some of the best bearings.

Surely, spec.'s can be the same, quality control can be the same, but if the raw materials being used are inferior(read recycled metals) then the failure rate of said products, whatever they are, will be higher. Scrap prices are high right now and boats full of it are all headng to China and India...

That being said, bearing failure can also lay at the hand of the installer and the customer who fails to change their oil on a regualr basis. To many variables to nail down failure pecisely, but my money is on dodgy steel.
That's not going anywhere...
Yanker

warts wrote: The more invidious problem is out and out counterfeiting, some factory knocking out inadequate copies and selling them on as EU/USA. Some scuz along the supply line knows they are sh!t and is happy to sell to us as pukka and pocket the difference.
It is very puzzling to dcypher how these lowly 'scuz' countries and their affiliates managed to rise to such advanced monetaristic policys!

Floundered economies based in human impovrishmet, slave labour, wholesale industrial development with polution whatever the cost and SHITTY BEARINGS to make it run?

Maybe look at the US armaments industry's bearing deployment policy around the world would help: "You have only lost 950 troops and fired 32 rounds today however : you do need new bearings on that teir gatling platform and re-bore that 155mm before any continuation: 'hunker down now' 'fire in the hole, a bearing is gonna blow any minute now' Sheeeeeeyut.....plop...plop...plop

USARSMCO: "You wanna buy sum new weapons: we've got the latest: the bearings in'em are the beast u can get, honest!"

FU
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information