FAG NU2205E - but made in India!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rocho68
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:I would like to think that the QA of FAG, BMW, VW, Piaggio, Triumph etc. would stand for something and that they'd be carrying out enough checks to ensure their reputation stays intact as far as the quality of the product with their name on it is concerned.
Thats just it ,we couldnt get the quality reqiuired , i know from fact that most engine part suppliers will not take a chance of suppling engine parts from india due to the massive costs involved in a recall and even more the liability insurance ,bmw and triumph ive supplied and i cannot believe they would risk bearings from india , we are at the moment going through the latest tuv audit and all that goes with it and if we have a job passing then these plants in india have no chance lol !
ArmandTanzarian

rocho68 wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:I would like to think that the QA of FAG, BMW, VW, Piaggio, Triumph etc. would stand for something and that they'd be carrying out enough checks to ensure their reputation stays intact as far as the quality of the product with their name on it is concerned.
Thats just it ,we couldnt get the quality reqiuired , i know from fact that most engine part suppliers will not take a chance of suppling engine parts from india due to the massive costs involved in a recall and even more the liability insurance ,bmw and triumph ive supplied and i cannot believe they would risk bearings from india , we are at the moment going through the latest tuv audit and all that goes with it and if we have a job passing then these plants in india have no chance lol !

A mate of mine has electronics manufactured in China. His biggest problem is that they agree a spec and then as soon as he's safely back in the UK, they change all of the components for cheaper ones. The first he knows of it is when customers start complaining that their equipment has conked out.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
tha83
Main scooter: SX 2something

A mate of mine has electronics manufactured in China. His biggest problem is that they agree a spec and then as soon as he's safely back in the UK, they change all of the components for cheaper ones. The first he knows of it is when customers start complaining that their equipment has conked out.[/quote]

I have heard this over and over from all kinds of different folks. I can't imagine what the thought process is. If you cost your customer money (the person getting you to manufacture) how do you expect return business? It's short money versus long money. I myself am very happy to hear all this because I want the manufacturing back. Why companies in the US would trade with a country that supplies munitions to folks which blow our boys arms and legs off is beyond me. They have also supplied the Janjaweed. I do my utmost to buy fair trade, locally produced and union made products and let retailers know why I am buying or NOT buying the product they are offering. When I first started doing this 10 years ago, people thought I was a kook but know that they've seen jobs go away and quality decline I am making some sense.
Muttley McLadd

tha83 wrote: Why companies in the US would trade with a country that supplies munitions to folks which blow our boys arms and legs off is beyond me.
Because the liberal media have convinced a lot of people it's racist not to. And cash, obviously.
CakeAndArseParty
Diablo
Dealer

Must admit I was a little worried when I was supplied these bearings from my supplier.
This was well over a year ago though and no problems.

If you look at our car industry and some of the magnificent cars like the Marina, Allegro etc etc you could argue the Japanese would have the same issues opening Honda and Nissan plants here.
tha83

Muttley McLadd wrote:
tha83 wrote: Why companies in the US would trade with a country that supplies munitions to folks which blow our boys arms and legs off is beyond me.
Because the liberal media have convinced a lot of people it's racist not to. And cash, obviously.
I've never once seen a program or news spot that alluded to racism as a factor. It kind of expanded during the Clinton years and that whole "most favored nation" BS. I think it's strictly a response to the lifting of tariffs and corporate greed. If you have examples of "Liberal Media" bias leading to the current craptastic situation then I'd be happy to be educated thus.
Muttley McLadd

tha83 wrote: I've never once seen a programme or news spot that alluded to racism as a factor. It kind of expanded during the Clinton years and that whole "most favored nation" BS. I think it's strictly a response to the lifting of tariffs and corporate greed. If you have examples of "Liberal Media" bias leading to the current craptastic situation then I'd be happy to be educated thus.
For real??
CakeAndArseParty
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

Will be interesting to see what you get back Jim.... keep us informed mate!
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
Yanker

Muttley McLadd wrote:
tha83 wrote: I've never once seen a programme or news spot that alluded to racism as a factor. It kind of expanded during the Clinton years and that whole "most favored nation" BS. I think it's strictly a response to the lifting of tariffs and corporate greed. If you have examples of "Liberal Media" bias leading to the current craptastic situation then I'd be happy to be educated thus.
For real??
Yup 'For Reeeeeeel" " Wake up and smell the coffee" FFS: The San Andreas has nothing on the Atlantic shelf........(caps to MML'd t switch to this angle)

Additonaly: If FAG set-up a ganuine CNC production line in india that they are satisfied with: then what better bearing source is there in reality in terms of factory sealed and stamped parts? It's only cheaper labour and land at the end of the day? What is the price of a couriered hand engraved C3 bearing from Monaco where Luigi is on holiday dispatched in August and delivered in time for Oktoberfest? Mr. tha83?
tha83

Muttley McLadd wrote:
For real??
Sure, explain to me how the west decided to cut in the Chinese because they feared everyone would think they were racists if they didn't. Why did we want buttloads of cheap ass Chinese goods to replace well made but more expensive domestic goods? This was because we were collectively trying to shed our guilt for what? Seriously. No?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information