vespa et2 grinding rear wheel.

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
ove

My son has just brought a et2 50cc amongst other problems the rear wheel is grinding. As lammy owner i could do with a few pointers. Seems straight forward too remove rear wheel and have a look which is what we intend to do. Is there any other things i should be looking for as to what the problem could be please?
Thanks for any help.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

if u start by releasing the rearbrake cable to see if that cures it (dragging shoes or worn out) then remove back wheel to repair or leave for now(exhaust off job sometimes but deflating tyre might squeeze out) ,could then be gearbox/bearings or even drive belt/variator/clutch so taking off the transmission cover (no oil and leave kick start attached) you can remove variator and belt and rear clutch bell and check a clutch spring hasnt snapped leaving the shoe dragging (undo nuts with buzz gun air or electric) this will isolate the gearbox and allow you to spin the input shaft again to see if its gearbox
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
ove

Cheers Darrell we'll give them a go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information