led conversions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mnpes

Anybody purchased a led rear-light conversion or a plug n play stop-tailight led bulb for an ac system
Its been a long time since I did electronics :bigsm:
But leds only worked correctly with a dc supply and needed the current regulated

Some will work on ac ~ But normally have in-built electronics
Minature bridge rectifiers and voltage/current regulator micro-chips & other trickery bits
Or
Do they just rely on the human eye not noticing the ac fluctuation :?

The plug n play led bulb I saw advertised stated it had something like a 5000hr life :o
But if there is no current limitation when the regulator is kicking out over 13volts
They definatley won"t ~ Especially the bright white ones :(

Somebody please feed my need for useless information :moon: :moon: :moon:
drew2

the MB rear led works great on AC
mnpes

Could not settle ~ So i"ve been fettling

Done one for my mates framebreather as the lights r naff

plus put led festoons in his number plate srround

Knocked 2 bridge rectifiers up ~ one for the stoplight the other for the tail-light
Put 2 current regulators in aswell ~ These should fit behind the lighting plate :roll: I hpoe

So there will be 6 leds tail-light ~ 9+festoons brake light all dc~ urrent regulated

LOVE GADGETS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing:
warts
Main scooter: honda

Looks good! What regulators did you use?
mickdale

so they are'nt plug and play then?
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

i made my rear light from a mazda 6 tail light which has stop and tail light leds but mine is dc however chiselspeed do a ac system for series 2s which you can cut down to fit inside a gp rear light without to much hassle all the lads in northallerton are running these back lights with no probs :D
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

mnpes wrote:Could not settle ~ So i"ve been fettling

Done one for my mates framebreather as the lights r naff

plus put led festoons in his number plate srround

Knocked 2 bridge rectifiers up ~ one for the stoplight the other for the tail-light
Put 2 current regulators in aswell ~ These should fit behind the lighting plate :roll: I hpoe

So there will be 6 leds tail-light ~ 9+festoons brake light all dc~ urrent regulated

LOVE GADGETS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing:
Just a point My series 1 has a reflector in the middle of the lens and this covers most of the LEDS inside you may find it better to have the leds away from the middle. Mine is a bought rear light useing Red LED's, for a pit bike. It fits inside the original Lens. As the original light had tin foil and wood screws with 2 pitiful festoons I thought it was an improvement, I had to fit a white numberplate light for a keen MOT man (who was only doing his job lol) I am running full DC.
tj hooker
Main scooter: jet 200

nice job well tidy
GP240

I have fitted one to my GP, think the packet said it was for a series 3 but will fit GP.

did a bit of chopping and messing but finally got it to fit.

12v AC and works a treat, very impressed with it.

No probs with M.O.T.
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
Muttlyoo7
Main scooter: Gp200

I was fed up with my headlamp dimming when I operated the rear brake. So tried a LED rear/brake light bulb. Whilst it was OK it wasn't as bright as the old filament bulb. (My Gp is fitted with a SIL electronic ignition with a Ducati regulator) So I've just fitted an LED rear light board from Rich Presley. http://www.richpresley.co.uk/led-rear-l ... -933-p.asp
It took a bit of fettleing, in that it had to be glued into place with silicone sealant. However it's bright, doesn't cause my headlamp to dim and works like it should! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information