Lambretta Engine Stand

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Angry Bloke

psychedelicropcircle wrote:[img]

working well for me 8-)
Cool - Have you tried torquing up a rear hub, flywheel , clutch nut or drive sprocket as yet ?

The adjustability looks great but I'm not sure its sturdy enough given that the casing is cantilevered from the rear

Hopfully you will tell us that I'm wrong and that its great :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Angry Bloke wrote:
psychedelicropcircle wrote:[img]

working well for me 8-)
Cool - Have you tried torquing up a rear hub, flywheel , clutch nut or drive sprocket as yet ?

The adjustability looks great but I'm not sure its sturdy enough given that the casing is cantilevered from the rear

Hopfully you will tell us that I'm wrong and that its great :D
Diablo wrote:The Jockeys one doesn't look too good for doing top end work.

I have torqued up the rear hub so far..although when it came to putting in the drive side bearing in I removed it back on the bench. Over the next few weekends I will be building this engine with the intention to leave it on the stand as much as possible. Although I think we have the same concerns "will the area where the shitty innocent jack goes hold out as more and more weight goes on.:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Watch this space :shock:
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

That's why I still think that the Lincs Lambretta engine holder is better as you can work on the engine completely upright.
Mind you I'm not sure if they still do them, I'll ask Russ if I see him at Wicksteed. Another bonus is that it's removable from the bench in about 3 seconds.
Angry Bloke

corrado wrote:
That's why I still think that the Lincs Lambretta engine holder is better as you can work on the engine completely upright.
Mind you I'm not sure if they still do them, I'll ask Russ if I see him at Wicksteed. Another bonus is that it's removable from the bench in about 3 seconds.

Yes they are still producing them £160 for a bench mount and £200 for the floor standing version
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
coaster

Oh I don't know Al, it would be fine if you just pulled up a chair ;)
soulsurfer

wack 63 wrote:Here's one I made earlier(a few years ago) .I did think of making a few to sell but never had the time. .Image
wack 63 wrote:I have always thought there could be a market for this as it is based on an Innocenti dealers one? Pretty sure Restos had one for £500 ish once but could be wrong. I still have the drawings so will enquire what the materials will cost to make some in the New Year.
Wack, did you manage to sort anything with these? :)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
soullad
Dealer

Wack - maybe also think about a nice sturdy base plate type design that also bolts thru a bench to hold the mag housing still / flat for bearing / seal work ? Maybe its something as simple as a gert thick lump of steel with a 6 inch wide (please add exact width of mag housing) hole in it? Could also be used to keep it secure to help with repair threads, removing part of the outer lip easier (the one blocking some forced fan air) and also radiusing the stator loom hole etc etc. Probably not as big a seller as an engine stand but heh .... worth a thought?
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Managed to put the piston in downside up...cause the stand was upside down...only realised wot I'd done when the barrel studs wouldnt line up with the cylinder :oops: :oops: :freak:
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I,m sorry chaps I was contacted by a member on here a month ago as he said he could maybe make me some and I sent him the drawings but he has yet to give me a price.I was hoping to have some done for Kettering but that's out the window now so all I can do is hang on I suppose. The main body is solid bar and needs to be turned out which takes time and labour costs which defeats my intention of doing them to a reasonable price. So if there is anyone on here who would like to earn a few quid turning the parts and preferably lives in my area please PM me. As for a mag holder why not use a vice? I have also toyed with making crank truing jigs for checking run out if there was enough interest although once you find a crank is not true you then need to learn how to true it up :!: but I check every crank and even new ones can be out.
damdam

any news?
-----Besa Boga Scooter Alliance-----
-----------Reggio Emilia----------
--------------Italy---------------

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/besa ... ef=profile
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information