TS1 with TMX30

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

Is anyone running a TMX30 on a TS1 with full side panels or is there a clearance issue or is a panel hole required?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Mike, the trouble with the 30 is that it's 14mm deeper than a 35, hence clearance problems. My Imola with rubber inlet manifold and 27 Mikuni (same depth as 30) barely had half inch clearance and no chance whatsoever of fitting a filter. I drilled a series of 10mm holes into a circle rather than cut a complete hole in the panel.
Bufficus

I needed a panel hole when I had that set up with special panels. But the panels were fibreglass.

I now run a TMX35, the panel doesn't rub, but there is precious little room for the carb to breath without a hole.
soulsurfer

corrado wrote:Mike, the trouble with the 30 is that it's 14mm deeper than a 35, hence clearance problems. My Imola with rubber inlet manifold and 27 Mikuni (same depth as 30) barely had half inch clearance and no chance whatsoever of fitting a filter. I drilled a series of 10mm holes into a circle rather than cut a complete hole in the panel.
Hi Martin,
I have it fitted with the LTH manifold which gives more room, I believe :? ,but when I looked at it there was bugger all room (no room for the bellmouth either :roll: ) I never checked the TMX35 clearance as I knew it worked well with full panels anyway. I've been testing the jetting without panels and now I wonder what difference it wil make fitting the panel on (hole not an option as they're painted)
corrado
Dealer

The LTH manifold is like the rubber inlet on the Imola, it saves a few mm but it's the depth of the carb, 88mm (TMX27 & 30) as opposed to 74mm (TMX32 & 35). LTH with TMX32 or 35 and you should have enough room for remote filter also.
It's the route I'm thinking of going with the Imola. Have to check on the LTH but memory say's 2 sizes 30 & 35. I've not seen one in the flesh but does it look easy enough to open the LTH30 out to 32?
soulsurfer

Get the 35 Martin, then you can change the plate maifold to a smaller one if required, available from Corrado, I believe ;)

Which remote filter for the 35 is recommended that will fit behind the panel?
corrado
Dealer

I'm thinking that the Cam Lam one is the one likely to fit.

Hmmm, just remembered that I've got a Koso 34 that comes complete with the plate, I'll measure that up when I'm over in Blackpool. I'll still need an LTH inlet though.
shocky

is it the CNC manifold ? how much extra is it supposed to give you ?
i use the large body oko30mm these are 85 mm wide so 3 mm or so smaller than the tmx30 i use a standard af manifold and a water hose as a rubber which reduced the amount stuck out by 5mm ,as you can see i have 40mm plus at the top and about 30mm at the bottom i dont have any issues with how it runs , its not dynoed yet as the local dyno isnt up and running till march how much clearance do you have then i dont know if it makes any differance but its a gp with indian panels
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
soulsurfer

RAMair or breathing sweet filter?

Yes the CNC manifold is the LTH one
corrado
Dealer

soulsurfer wrote:RAMair or breathing sweet filter?

The breathing sweet one, I don't think the others fit over the carb mouth. Only noticed one on Cam Lam but think LTH do 2 sizes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information