MARK CHRISTIES KWAK 500 S6

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
rondon
Main scooter: autovespa

Holly s**t it's got teh rust
C*NTSPEED
Main scooter: vespa ts 125/200

T5-190 wrote:Well I managed to get it to Warmwell albeit by van, still doing the whole mot on chassis number then down to the DVLA office route. Still working away at the moment so time is still tight. I think it was well received on the whole, had a few sarcastic comments one from a guy wearing a dress. Saying " the f**king guy brought it in a van " and another saying " the tail can was too big " Anyway I thought the rally was a good one, and I had fun all weekend as it was my Birthday weekend too.

On a side note I have bought a Bajaj legshield toolbox of E-bay for £10. This should give more airflow and a bit more room for oil/tools etc.

i think its awesome even more so that a lots been done by yourself
GEMINI S.C.
BLACK WIDDA'S S.C.
RICSPEED

it is joe :D ..

well done dude :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
T5-190

Thanks guys, your right you can't please all the people all the time. If the only bad comments I had were from a drunken lad in a dress that an't bad. As said I don't get a lot of free time, but I have the few weeks off work running up to the Christmas break off work. I have that Bajaj tool box to cover in carbon fibre and fit.

Insurance wise, there are a few places to call. All styles offfer modified bike cover.

twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

ok great to see it finished ,well whats it like to ride its got to be fun :bigsm: i bet you pull away in third :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gavi4t
Main scooter: lambretta gp450

hey matey great scoot well done ,just wondering what gearing your running and what the scoot cruises at comfortably cheers gavi just aving a mess about with my gearing at the mo ,im running a 14 t on the front and a 29 on the back av changed from 13- 36 which was far too revvy lol
T5-190

Thanks gavi4t, looks like you have been very busy yourself too mate. Very nice work. The gearing is the same as it was on the KX500, the original motocross wheel was measured with a cloth tape measure and the number of teeth on the sprocket was divided by the number of inches. Then this was worked backwards for the 10" wheel. I haven't ridden it much yet as work takes me away, alot. I really need the use of a runway/private road or rolling road. The gearing should be easy to sort I would think, the front could go from 11 - 16 teeth and the back as big as needed really. Blank rear sprockets are under £10.
soulsurfer

Saw this at Sandford last weekend and I gotta say, I was amazed at how nice it is and how tidy it's been put together, a real credit to you. Did it win the Best Engineering trophy, 'cos I didn't see anything better?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
T5-190

soulsurfer wrote:Saw this at Sandford last weekend and I gotta say, I was amazed at how nice it is and how tidy it's been put together, a real credit to you. Did it win the Best Engineering trophy, 'cos I didn't see anything better?
Thanks for the comments soulsurfer, It would have won best engineering trophy but I was judging the custom show this year hahaha. I brought it along to make up the numbers really. I still need to get a reg number, and I have made a mould for the toolbox from the Bajaj one I bought on e-bay. I was going to just cover it in carbon fibre but it weighs a ton on its own. But again working away from home is a real pain. Hope to be back to it a few weeks maybe.
soulsurfer

T5-190 wrote: Thanks for the comments soulsurfer, It would have won best engineering trophy but I was judging the custom show this year hahaha.
In that case, thanks for the trophy ;-) :-D
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information