Bloody noisy rb20

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulj

I've just finished my bog standard setup of a rb20 with the pipe I bought with the included pipe from af, the low revving pipe. But the pipe is very loud. In fact it's louder than my race bike. Is this normal?
I'm thinking of getting a pm fat mamba, how do these compare with the af supplied pipe?

Cheers paul
sydduckett

RB gaz (on here) had a pm on his rb an didnt rate it so went back to his NK, which is quite noisy...
Dryballs

My Fat Mamba is noisy as hell.
I think the size of it just makes for big noise as my PM25 I have on my rapido engine is half as loud
Muttley McLadd

Is that what was on your TS on Saturday?
It's pretty loud. If it was a bit of a deeper noise, rather than a high pitched one, it'd be easier on the ears!!
CakeAndArseParty
paulj

Dryballs wrote:My Fat Mamba is noisy as hell.
I think the size of it just makes for big noise as my PM25 I have on my rapido engine is half as loud
is that what you had at the drags the other day? it didnt seem too noisy. my rb seems louder than ryans high strung race scoot.

i was believing the claim that the PM pipes produce 2hp more than the NK pipes (from pms site). maybe i should try a better exhaust can?

paul
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

My RB 250 is very noisy too. I use a Franspeed Tourer.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

My RB20 with Franspeed Tour exhaust is noisy but not more than my stage4 200 with the ADS3 exhaust.
willwander

fairspares did a great page on 100mphscooter.com how to make your exhaust quieter.
See http://www.100mphscooter.com/tech_quieten_exhaust.html
It's a problem for us sprinters, we need to pass noise tests at some venues.
The easiest way is to make your end can longer!
standing mile: 118.6mph
1/4 mile: 14.04 seconds - 93mph
ABC
Main scooter: mk1 t5

i sorted the noise problem on my rb22 with an nk race ... wear ear plugs ;) .. works a treat
Dryballs

paulj wrote:
Dryballs wrote:My Fat Mamba is noisy as hell.
is that what you had at the drags the other day? it didnt seem too noisy. my rb seems louder than ryans high strung race scoot.

i was believing the claim that the PM pipes produce 2hp more than the NK pipes (from pms site). maybe i should try a better exhaust can?

paul
Yes mate, it's a lot louder than my pm25 I use on my rapido but I think it's due to the volume of the pipe more than anything
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information