clutch problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alle

Hi pals, I have a clutch problem on my ts1... now I have an lth clutch but the problem was the same with an Cam Lam one's.
So the problem is the clutch disconnect only in the last 2cm of the lever sroke and the engine don't rise on rpm, rather when I leave the lever completely the engine shuts down...
I think the problem is not on clutch fitting, because I've changed two clutches and two clutches have the same problem, but I really don't understand where is the problem

cheers
alle
twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

does the engine rev cleanly in neutral?
alle

yes absolutely cleanly
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I presume you mean that with the motor in gear and the clutch in it is not freeing enough and causes the motor to drag and finally stall? Obviously if you have had two clutch kits in and it still does it then I would guess that the pressure plate is bottoming on the cluster and nut before freeing the plates or you have a problem with the side casing plunger and lever foot.I have seen these in different lengths from new.I would also check that the spider has enough clearance against the crownwheel and is not binding,clutch out to check though.
ratty
Main scooter: LI ser3 125 {TS1 230} 1963

have you fitted a new crown wheel, some remade ones are not deep enough for the basket you may have one of the dodgy ones!. i had the same problem last yr it cost us about 2 days till we worked it out.
how much!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information