Parts advice

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cvjosh
Main scooter: 150special

i soon will have an RB225 kit w/ head, Fat Mamba pipe, and 36 tmx carb for my lammy. With this though i know that the added power output requires more upgrading in the engine and breaking to keep it reliable and safe. As i am a resident of Southern california i will be riding this scooter daily and would like to keep it on the road and not in the garage broken down.

I am looking for advice on bearings/seals, Upgraded clutch, crank, shocks, tubeless rims, and Disc breaks so that the scooter can handle the power output and use it efficiently. I would like for the scooter to cruise at 60-70 so if i have to take a freeway somewhere its not sketchy.

any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated
MarkH
Dealer

Josh

I'm sure you'll have some nice info here by morning but feel free to give me a call or email.

Mark

Chris F
Main scooter: 1967 Lambitsa 200

Josh

I recommend Mark @ Jet200

If you can't wait, there are several places here in San Diego to buy bearings and seals. Start with Motion Industries (motionindustries.com) in Kearney Mesa. They have most bearings + some seals. There's another bearing supply house in the Poway area. Google will help too.

However, if your unsure as to where to start, start with Mark and buying Complete Spanner’s Manual: Second edition.
sydduckett

If your going to be doing some highway crusing at 65ish you may want to have a think about your choice of pipe? I believe the fat mamba is a race type pipe and if so then whilst you will defo be able to cruise a 65 your going to be very high up in the rev range. Rb,s are really revvy at the best of times and dont lend themselves to cruising unless you start with a milder tourer type exhaust. Whilst you can tinker with gear ratios and carb set ups the exhaust you choose will always make the biggest difference on an rb.

Talk to RBgaz on here, he has the same set up as you and went over to a JL1 as he hated the engine revving so much at crusing speeds. New pipe is much smoother and revs less at same speeds...he has lost the power band though... :D

This just my opinion though... :D Good luck.
leigh

5 plate clutch with uprated springs
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Wait for the new AF Rayspeed tubeless rims (see thread elsewhere), and get an outboard disc brake for the front. If your scooter is going to go faster, you need to stop quicker.

Fortunately brakes, tyres, rims, suspension and ignitions have all come a long way this century. Be grateful that there are good options out there (at last).
Martin
cvjosh

thanks for the advice gents.

sydduckett- i know the pipe is a bit revy but i am going to be getting it for a steal so it will just be a starting point for me to get my lammy back on the road!

Knowledge- i saw the thread on the bsso board about the AF rims they look boss. I thought the same about the outboard disc but i don't know what to look for in quality. I know PMtunning makes one that looks good but then scootrs has one for half the price... this is where i get lost in quality vs. price.

any recommendations for 5-6 plate clutches ?

thanks again.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

cvjosh wrote:thanks for the advice gents.

sydduckett- i know the pipe is a bit revy but i am going to be getting it for a steal so it will just be a starting point for me to get my lammy back on the road!

Knowledge- i saw the thread on the bsso board about the AF rims they look boss. I thought the same about the outboard disc but i don't know what to look for in quality. I know PMtunning makes one that looks good but then scootrs has one for half the price... this is where i get lost in quality vs. price.

any recommendations for 5-6 plate clutches ?

thanks again.
Clutch wise JB Tuning do a good 5 plate and MB a good 6 plate :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

i hav run a 4 plate clutch in my rb with just uprated springs for thousands of miles never had problem same with the af crank ,if u going to run a 5.2 final gearing then u need a race pipe to pull 4th gear but it be screaming at speeds of 70ish on a motorway if u go lower to drop the revs say a 4.8 then the race pipe will not pull 4th so u would need a jl/taffspeed and it pull like a train uphills/into wind etc in 4th with much lower revs in 4th and a smoother ride plus it run cooler which is a must on rb
cvjosh

Toddy- thanks for the advice on the clutch.

Rbgaz- I know that the mamba pipe is more of a rev pipe but for the price I am getting it for I can't pass. With this I will make it work untill I can afford to get something like the adspeed touring pipe and adjust my gearing accordingly.

Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a front disc conversion .

Thanks for all the help

Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information