T5

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Tosh

was wondering why would a person want to put a 166cc kit onto a scoot what i think is quick enough, i`m looking for a 125 for my son thinking of a px, or if the t5 is good i was going to change the top end back to standerd, any thoughts.

thanks tosh
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

The T5 is a good little motor as standard, but it lacks the torque that yoy get with more cc's. However, the 166 kit is not the best. The Malossi 172cc kit is just about bullet-proof and makes a good little motor into a great motor.

However, if this is for your son, I can understand your reluctance to fit the fastest engine when the 125 is fast enough. I'm a Dad with a son with a scooter too.
Martin
Tosh

thanks martin for the reply,was wondering that if the scoot is sound what would it cost to put it back to standard.

Paul
shamrockexpress

Midland Scooter Center had an abundance of genuine piaggio complete topends..(head barrell and piston) 125 cc.
Give them a call,,,,,,,,,i paid only 55quid.
although it was a year ago they did have alot because they kitted so many new scooters they sold.
Tosh

shamrockexpress wrote:Midland Scooter Center had an abundance of genuine piaggio complete topends..(head barrell and piston) 125 cc.
Give them a call,,,,,,,,,i paid only 55quid.
although it was a year ago they did have alot because they kitted so many new scooters they sold.
thanks again for the reply i`ll go an look at it first and then decide.

PAUL
coaster

The T5 is PLENTY quick enough for a first time learner scoot, 60mph plus and the engine is near enough bullet proof in standard form. They also hold their price well 8-)
Tosh

thanks coaster for that will have a look and take it from their
roadrunnerian

hi tosh
how its going m8 i would go for a t5 there is one for sale on chorleys site and one on wigans site. i'll ask my mate if he has a spare t5 barrel,head and piston try the square tails site for t5's some one my have one for sale. c u soon roadrunnerian
Tosh

Hi mate
going to c the scoot on friday,he said that it had the 166 kit on when he bought it back in 2006 and he`s not touched it since its been in his garage, got two new tyres on now just fitted,S reg couple of scabs on bodywork floor pan ok but will c.

C U soon Paul
joeythescooterboy

Didn't think a 166 kit existed for the T5???
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information