fitting long range tank in s2

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
wooly
noob
Main scooter: 1960 S2 LI

hi, bought a 12l tank to put in my s2(the type where you can keep the toolbox). it has the double carb cutouts, but cant get it in,really tight,any suggestions ?
Lambretta, it's not just for Christmas !
ArmandTanzarian

wooly wrote:hi, bought a 12l tank to put in my s2(the type where you can keep the toolbox). it has the double carb cutouts, but cant get it in,really tight,any suggestions ?
Take the tool box out, fit the tank loosely (in fact I probably just rested it position without the straps) and then put the toolbox back in. It will still be a mighty pain in the arse and took me bloody ages but it is possible.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Agree fitted the SSP 13litre one in mine took the toolbox out to fit as it was freshly painted , but when i fitted it in the scoot before paint (not bothered about scratchin it) it wasnt that bad to fit :shock:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Nothing constructive to say other than I couldn't get one to fit..I just wanted to get Toddys name off the main page :frog:
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Dazza wrote:Nothing constructive to say other than I couldn't get one to fit..I just wanted to get Toddys name off the main page :frog:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information