Ducati CDI's [ Blue ones] on tuned motors

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Dimitrios_231

The good old days,blue Ducati Energia CDIs were in these pale blue boxes.

The even better older days,Ducati Elettrotecnica HT coils were in these psychedelic :) boxes.

firekdp

They are still available in those boxes, but these will not have "made in Italy" on the cdi. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESPA-LAMBRET ... 0839572722
It's not so easy to find new ones that state "Bologna (Italy)" as on the older boxes. (bottom pic on the right).

The part number 432898112 on these also appear to be different, the old Italian ones I have are 32398112.
Dimitrios_231

Cool :ugeek: :) ,
both 'Made In Italy' and 'the other' have the same code.

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The dot missing on the T on the LH one?

Also I guess the two two digit numbers are a month and year of manufacture?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Dimitrios_231

Yes,good eye,the dot is missing.
I'll check some others that I have,if I won't see numbers higher than 12 or 31 it could be the day of manufacture,
the right one,I think was used in the 90s, so the numbers probably indicate something different :?

firekdp

rosscla wrote:The dot missing on the T on the LH one?

Also I guess the two two digit numbers are a month and year of manufacture?
I don't think the missing dot is significant as the Italian one I posted earlier doesn't have this either.
I agree about the other digits possibly being the date though. The 2 32398112's I have here are 97 02 (with dot) and 97 07 (without dot).
The oldest is a 32398110 91 03 and bears the ducati/zanussi trademark.
I also have another Italian one made by I.C.A.s.r.l. which I know nothing about.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

wrong thread...bloody iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rosscla on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
goldeneye

the one I replaced my blown one with is black, has A.T. on it , but no DUCATI...so? is it a DUCATI? :? it came off a very low milage T5 , (I swapped it for a blue ducati CDI, not thinking this may be one already) so its original Piaggio fitment, so should be good quality.... or is the plot thickening? its one thing ive never had a lot of trouble with over the years, CDI"s, only having had to replace probably 2 on my own scooters,...luck of the draw? or wise choice?
firekdp

goldeneye wrote:the one I replaced my blown one with is black, has A.T. on it , but no DUCATI...so? is it a DUCATI? :
A.T. simply stands for Alta Tension (high tension) so they all normally have it.
If it hasn't got Ducati on it, it won't be Ducati. If it's got Ducati but no "made in Italy", it'll be from one of their other factories, most likely India.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information