honda 205

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
maxell

hi there,one of my mates has just got his hands on one of these kits.from what ive heard they are ment to be very good kits.what speed would these kits reach?
shocky

DEPENDS ON STATE OF TUNE MY FRIEND HAS ONE ON HIS SX 200 WITH 25MM DELLORTO AND CLUBMAN WILL DO ABOUT 70 MAX AND IS A BIT QUICKER OF THE LINE THAN STANDARD HE WANTED A GOOD RELIABLE STANDARD KIT HE RODE TO ITALY WITH ANOTHER SCOOTER THE SAME SORT OF SPEC THEY HAD A BLOWN BULB AND 1 SNAPPED CABBLE IN THE WHOLE 3 WEEKS I HAD A 205 WITH A YAM PISTON ON MY RACE BIKE 25 YRS AGO WENT WELL 8-)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Maxell,

The Honda piston is excellent. Probably one of the best Jap pistons you can buy for a Lambretta. Tough and not particularly prone to siezure. The piston kit costs £145, if you can find one. However, a piston is not an indication of how it will perform.

Lot's of people did these tunes. Whether this tune on the barrel is any good is another matter, but I would definately give it a try. If it is not and reliable tune, come back on here with the port timings and we'll give you some pointers.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information