CURRENT TOURING EXHAUST COMPARISON RESULTS.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adspeed

As per my recent post.....

TS1 230 Light tour tune, OKO 30mm.

Exhausts tested JL3, Taffy Mk4, MB Devtour and ADS3.

The way I read the different pipes is the Taffy good low down, JL3 good alrounder with overrun and the dev tour takes elements of both of'em........then theres the ADS3. I might be slightly bias but I really like it, the difference in Torque really shows on the road. :)

This is the ADS3.........doesn't actually pass by the end of the loop its just the angle of the pic.

Really chuffed with the new pipe, it makes the scoot soooooo smooth to ride. Its a beaut night so I'm off for a blatt, all for research of course!! :D

Hope you like and comments welcome.

Cheers.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Looks very smart Ads..any pics from above..?, is the curve on the endcan into the body cosmetic or gases (back pressure) motivated..
The dyno runs certainly show an edge over the rest thats for sure..looks like it gets there quicker and holds over the rest...am I correct.. :?
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Speed Demon
Dealer

Ads, Why have all the pipes lost 3hp on the second graph - was that one in 4th gear?

The pipe looks good, but it also looks like the jetting was a bit rich for the other pipes (on the dyno) for the curves to be so ragged even on a smoothing setting of 5.
Get to SULK
Adspeed

Lam46 wrote:Looks very smart Ads..any pics from above..?, is the curve on the endcan into the body cosmetic or gases (back pressure) motivated..
The dyno runs certainly show an edge over the rest thats for sure..looks like it gets there quicker and holds over the rest...am I correct.. :?

:)
Speed Demon wrote:Ads, Why have all the pipes lost 3hp on the second graph - was that one in 4th gear?

The pipe looks good, but it also looks like the jetting was a bit rich for the other pipes (on the dyno) for the curves to be so ragged even on a smoothing setting of 5.
Yeh thats the Torque graph Sticky, as for the jetting AF ratio was monitored at all times and all were sweet. I did say on the other thread that it wasn't practical to dial each pipe in completely as if they were going straight out onto the road. In a perfect world yes we would have done a dozen runs each but ya know how long these things take, exact shimming of needles and trimmin slides for example just wasn't practicle. I sometimes think cos the dyno has no load, after the run reaches peak HP its kinda chasing its tail a touch and goes into over rev. I could be totally wrong here but a lot of the graphs that come off Martins go a bit squiggly after peak power.

Two different TS's....again squiggly after peak.
Last edited by Adspeed on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Ye that works really well...did you have a good blast about then....
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Adspeed

Lam46 wrote:Ye that works really well...did you have a good blast about then....
Cheers for that, as it happens I didn't go out......Got in the garage and decided to try and complete a little something for the weekend ;) :D
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Was just saying tonight that my JL is nearing the end of it's life(corrosion) and will shortly be in the Market for a new one, so... When can I buy one of these Ads?
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
Speed Demon
Dealer

Adspeed wrote: Yeh thats the Torque graph Sticky.

Doh! - not used to seeing them on separate graphs :oops:
Get to SULK
Adspeed

Dazza wrote:Was just saying tonight that my JL is nearing the end of it's life(corrosion) and will shortly be in the Market for a new one, so... When can I buy one of these Ads?
Next batch is due a week on Sat. :)
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

u making them to fit the rb as well ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information