Is this a piece of early italian tunining?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Or just a bodge :D :D :D
Just managed to free a siezed barrel of my new project a s1 li150, and found this :shock: :shock:
ImageImage
It sees to have bee filed all the way round th top of the piston, rings as well :shock: :shock:
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
twin

i think its a bodge,
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Ive seen windows in pistons before..someone used to do this cant remember who though..maybe wildcat in the 80s someone like that? :?:
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
joespeed

thats a standard piston ,could be that someone has rubbed it with a wire brush.or file or just emery paper,
regards
joe
carlos fandango

Its not the windows, its the filing/ grinding at the top of the piston ! i just can`t understand why they would do it. the only raeson i could think of was if the piston was a replacement oversize and they tried to file it to make it fit, and had to ram it in :o
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information