Original ScootRS exhaust on an S2

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TheSeeker

Hi Folks

Can anyone tell me what problems there are fitting an original ScootRS exhaust (S3) to a Series 2? I see they now sell a model specifically for the Series 2.

After a couple of rebuilds I now have a spare ScootRS exhaust. I'd like to have a go at fitting it to my Series 2 (along with an upjetted SH22 carb) but if it means chopping bits out of the right hand side running board then I might think again, or at least get a second hand running board to defile.

The plan is to not touch any of the original parts and have them on standby to put back as it was.

Best regards

Ben
lammydave
Main scooter: Li150Special RT195

the difference between the two is that the series 2 end can is further away from the side panel. even when fitting a series 3 version to my pacemaker, i still found it rubbed slightly on the bottom of the panel... i would imagine that fitting a series 3 to a series 2 would make this even worse... oh, and had to trim the rear of the footboard, too...

i now have series 2 version on a series 3, only prob here is that the pipe touches the kickstart slightly....
Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
Booby

im sure my mate tried one on his s2 and he had a few problems with it being to close to his
side panels & also had to cut his running boards
Who holds the scooterotica Key.....Dan does! ;0)
Booby

Just like Buses ;) ;)
Who holds the scooterotica Key.....Dan does! ;0)
TheSeeker

Cheers Guys, thanks for the confirmation. If it were just the running board I would have given it a go.

Ben
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information