Legshield Toolboxes...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
soulsurfer

6LDA 28B wrote:I keep thinking leg shield toolbox as i have a long range diablo tank with a small toolbox but not sure if it would look right on my series 3, what is the best sort to look out for (money no object Cezeta is my sponsor) Image
and then where to put the spare wheel
The PX style look ok on the GP but on a Series 3 I prefer this http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=132
I have the same tank and a Vespa GS toolbox trimmed to fit, welding in is optional :shock:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
micky1

soulsurfer wrote:
6LDA 28B wrote:I keep thinking leg shield toolbox as i have a long range diablo tank with a small toolbox but not sure if it would look right on my series 3, what is the best sort to look out for (money no object Cezeta is my sponsor) Image
The PX style look ok on the GP but on a Series 3 I prefer this http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=132
I have the same tank and a Vespa GS toolbox trimmed to fit, welding in is optional :shock:
now that looks tidy!
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Really tidy.
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
cezeta

you need to concider that it will look crap freshly painted against your old paint, then you need to ask yourself what on earth you are going to put in it and thirdly im a tight assed b@5t@rd so you ll get a s**t one for the £7 im prepared to pay.

in fact i have one, a serveta series 3 one you can have but as you say where is the spare wheel going?

sugarlump has bought a plasma cutter so im off over to his to cut up his dads car and build a tool box into the inside legshield spare wheel carrier. it will take another ten years to get round to painting it but hey :?
minotaur

this is what i chose http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=70, it does look like this fitted with enough room for a couple of dials on the top, like the look of soulsurfers but it must of took 4 eva to weld, smooth and fill, must have been worth it tho'
gaz_powell

i`ve got a fibre glass nannucci copy one on an sx which was a pig it ended up very shallow after fitting it

i`ve got a vespa px one - again a pig again ended up shallow

and finally a scootrs rally style on on my gp and it fit perfect with no work at all with plenty of space

probably going top change the sx to scootrs one
Train Driver

Cezeta wrote
you need to consider that it will look crap freshly painted against your old paint, then you need to ask yourself what on earth you are going to put in it and thirdly I'm a tight arsed b@5t@rd so you ll get a s**t one for the £7 im prepared to pay.
in fact i have one, a serveta series 3 one you can have but as you say where is the spare wheel going?
sugarlump has bought a plasma cutter so I'm off over to his to cut up his dads car and build a tool box into the inside leg shield spare wheel carrier.it will take another ten years to get round to painting it but hey :?[/quote]

somewhere to put 1000 miles worth of two stroke oil, i will look at what you end up with after you have cut up a poor pensioners mobility car
cezeta

1000 miles of 2 stroke oil, how about this but with a tap at the bottom

shocky

damdam wrote:Is there anyone that use a legshield toolbox (even modified) as spare wheel holder? Or is it impossible due to the limited space for legs?
i know someone who does that modification if you want it just PM me
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
cezeta

shocky wrote:
damdam wrote:Is there anyone that use a legshield toolbox (even modified) as spare wheel holder? Or is it impossible due to the limited space for legs?
i know someone who does that modification if you want it just PM me

got any pics shocky?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information