Carbon Fibre Bodywork

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
22/2

Does any body have first hand experience of the carbon parts from PM or Fattspeed? fit, quality etc.

Is it genuine carbon fibre?, what is carbon kevlar? who does it?

I'm thinking of doing the whole scoot including frame loop.

Any info will be appreciated.

Rich
scooty

ive not ever fitted any carbon products......
but ive seen some in the flesh and its not all brilliant...
however ive seen this guys stuff and it look about the best imo..
http://carbonscooterinc.co.uk/aboutus.aspx
scooty

this is carbon fibre

and this is carbon kevlar

Chris CSPE
Dealer

over ten years ago i built my own scooter with carbon mud guard,legshields and floor boards all of these were bought from P.M as they were the only people doing it at the time.
The quality was very good and the body work is still on my scooter. I have had no problems with any of the parts cracking or spliting and it still looks great.
I recentley built a GP and bought all the carbon body work from carbon scooter inc who were very helpfull and quick to make the parts (www.carbonscooterinc.co.uk) the fit and quality were just as good if not better then the P.M parts. The side panells were from M.B developments but they dont make them any more. i would recomend that any one who is thinking of useing carbon fiber body parts to go for it ,it looks fantastic and can be painted very easily.
I hope this helps.
Stokie

£60 for a flywheel cowl !!! - f@@k that for a game of soldiers !
22/2

Thanks for replies, I have tried phoning the numbers for Fatts and Carbon inc but no answers, are they still trading?

Rich
skidmark

I am building a GP at the moment that is all Carbon Fiber except the frame, head set and horncover, all the carbon fiber parts I have bought from PM Tuning, I am happy with the fit of all parts except the front mud guard which is a little distorted on one side, unfortunaty I had already drilled the mud guard to fit to the leg sheilds before I realised it wasn't quite right, so I would advise on having a real good look at the parts for fit when you receive them. :!:
hydra
Dealer

Mate recently bought all carbon body kit from carbonscooterinc, same problem with distorted front mudgaurd and the GP legshields top curve looked a little Li-ish and the near side rear footboard was an Li type not GP, other than that ok.
Fattspeed was in MBD today and Carbonscooter is still trading also, although I don't think neither of them actually make the product
trev t

heres my carbon,, plus i have just had the loop made as well,, looks really good,, just weaiting to put it together
Adspeed

Chris CSPE wrote:over ten years ago i built my own scooter with carbon mud guard,legshields and floor boards all of these were bought from P.M as they were the only people doing it at the time.
The quality was very good and the body work is still on my scooter. I have had no problems with any of the parts cracking or spliting and it still looks great.
I recentley built a GP and bought all the carbon body work from carbon scooter inc who were very helpfull and quick to make the parts (http://www.carbonscooterinc.co.uk) the fit and quality were just as good if not better then the P.M parts. The side panells were from M.B developments but they dont make them any more. i would recomend that any one who is thinking of useing carbon fiber body parts to go for it ,it looks fantastic and can be painted very easily.
I hope this helps.
Chris do you know if the two are a similar weave. I have the panels from PM but not keen on their horn cast so wondered if its possible to get away with usingparts from both on the same scoot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information