rb20 rb22 ts1

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lee1984

hi, i need a few answers on the above kits on choice of what 1 to buy,

i have 2 engine case's 1 gp200 and 1 li125 case, really it need to be good around town stop starting and motorway work.

next question, varitroinic ignition is it any good?

final question for now, crank what 1? been looking at the jb tuning corsa and super corsa but to be honest i havent really found much info on it.

thanks in advance
lee
lee1984

any1?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

be patient matey....
people will answer your questions soon...
its only been half a day since you posted it....
many other forums take up to 6 months to reply.... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
camel

sean brady scooters wrote:be patient matey....
people will answer your questions soon...
its only been half a day since you posted it....
many other forums take up to 6 months to reply.... :lol:
ha ha ok i,l start...have you already got a carb and exhaust,what have you already got that will keep the overall project to a realistic budget....providing you have a budget?
iaingb

when you say round town and motorway,which will you be doing more of and when you're on the motorway what kind of speed you looking for? there are a lot of variables........
lee1984

[/quote]
ha ha ok i,l start...have you already got a carb and exhaust,what have you already got that will keep the overall project to a realistic budget....providing you have a budget?[/quote]

i should have been a bit more clearer with the engine part, gp200 is complete apart from head and barrel, 125 is complete and standerd, as for budget 1500-2000 pref less

thanks
lee1984

iaingb wrote:when you say round town and motorway,which will you be doing more of and when you're on the motorway what kind of speed you looking for? there are a lot of variables........
hi, wold say 50/50 town and motorway, really anything with a bit more power then the 175 conversions, have been searching for as much info on the rb and ts1 conversion's
iaingb

so both engines are complete ? and you're looking to put a performance kit on both or either ? has your GP got a race crank in it or just standard ? same with the 125 standard or race crank ? cos if you're looking at putting a Ts or RB kit on you've also got tp look at upgrading other parts as well or you'll have problems down the line....... :(
lee1984

iaingb wrote:so both engines are complete ? and you're looking to put a performance kit on both or either ? has your GP got a race crank in it or just standard ? same with the 125 standard or race crank ? cos if you're looking at putting a Ts or RB kit on you've also got tp look at upgrading other parts as well or you'll have problems down the line....... :(
the 125 completly standard, and the 200 is the same, will be upgrading all other parts to cope with the performance kit, only looking to build 1 engine, i was going to buy the af race crank, but i read on here and other forums its not that great have been looking a the jb corsa and super corsa but as said in first post havent found much info on them and the price is a bit steep but would rather the best i can afford now then have to strip it 6 months down the line and start again.
iaingb

I can recommend the MBD Rt20 kit and it'll go straight on to you casing,upgrade the crank and put a delly 30mm on it and get it dyno'd,I'd be tempted to put the Li gears into the GP engine tho'.......but depends on how you want it to go,who's building your engine ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information