indian GP200 colours

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
surènos

as a follow on from my recent post about green lynxs can anyone help settle a question between me & a mate,i say indian Gp200 came in red/black stripe & black/orange stripe &limited white/black stripe he says they also did a dark green gp from india,are either of us right or were other colours available many thanks
shocky

i bought a near new 150 in 81 and the dealer had 200,s new in yellow, puke green, black ,white, red, and orange some had stalk indicators fitted on the horncast (by the grill) and stalks eitherside of the numberplate (dunno how they fitted ) mine was white and a pile of poo (cant belive i sold a 150 sprint to help fund it ) the scoots wernt on display just in there cardboard and wood pallets/boxes and were outside gettin wet out the back altho there was a tarp covering them, the shop was coteswold motorcycles in cheltenham
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I seem to remember that in '79, the 200s came in yellow and red, and the 150s came in sky blue, a light lime green, and white. Later, maybe '81, I remember seeing the black one with orange stripes in Turners, Birkenhead.

In the last year or so, I think I've seen a picture of a khaki green Indian GP with stalk indicators from the headset. I don't recall any in this colour being inported to the UK but I may be wrong. Towards the end of Indian production I definitely remember some being metallic silver.
roadrunnerian

i bought a gp 200 on a t reg 1979 from horners of manchester what a great shop i also bought my gp 200 electronic from there back in 1973. my gp 200 indian was yellow and a couple lads had black ones and there was a red one in the shop
surènos

indian gp200 in yellow that i never knew or think ive ever seen big thanks 4 the replies and the links i had friends who bought new gp200 in late 80's they were all black or red &had many electrical problems i had a V reg black gp200 that gave me nothing but trouble
chippy

mates back in 80s. one bought a new black one, one a yellow one, seen photos of the green but never in the flesh
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

ive got a original yellow gp 200 stalk indicators reg 1979
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
surènos

grimspeed wrote:ive got a original yellow gp 200 stalk indicators reg 1979
Any chance of any piccies here or in show us your scoots
andylaw7

I remember seeing the black one with orange stripes in Turners, Birkenhead.
the black one was mine paul first scoot jeff and andy sold he even remembered my scoot registration hadnt seen the f@@ker for nigh on 20 years . :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information