lambretta hide disc brake cylinder... problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alle

Hi, lads, I've installed a hide disc brake cylinder, Typhoon one's, I've a big problem, because when I introduce liquid and PUMP, PUMP, PUMP, PUMP the lever, lever does'nt get hard... :evil:

for myself is not air in the circuit, because when I open the bleed and pomp the lever, come out liquid.

anyone have one and knowing secret to install

cheers
DJB
Dealer

You still have air in the line. The best way is to get a syringe with a piece of hose on the end and place it over the bleed nipple. Fill up the pot, open the nipple and draw the fuild with the syringe, always keep the pot full. Then pull in the lever and lock off the nipple.You should be able to do this a couple of times. Then leave the nipple locked off and pump the lever at the top, untill the lever becomes tight and no bubbles rise in the pot. If this does not happen within a couple of mins then you have a leak somewhere.
cezeta

the lever does not have enough travel to bleed the brake properly. disconect the cable and work out a way to do it down at the master cylinder making sure you get a full stroke with each pump. you may need to make a handle from coat hanger wire or something.

and for anyone doing one on the bars, remove the lever and pump the piston by hand with a piece of wooden dowel or top of a pen to get the same full stroke.

brakes are blead in minutes this way
alle

DJB wrote:You still have air in the line. The best way is to get a syringe with a piece of hose on the end and place it over the bleed nipple. Fill up the pot, open the nipple and draw the fuild with the syringe, always keep the pot full. Then pull in the lever and lock off the nipple.You should be able to do this a couple of times. Then leave the nipple locked off and pump the lever at the top, untill the lever becomes tight and no bubbles rise in the pot. If this does not happen within a couple of mins then you have a leak somewhere.

blody hell!!!!

I done it, it's a nice job, the syringe is a great idea!!!

many thanks DJB

So, I have no experience in hidraulic disc brake, but I try it and I feel a good bracking, there is a way to tell if the bracking is right?

cheers
DJB
Dealer

Ride it ;)
alle

DJB wrote:Ride it ;)
with the brake off? :P :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information