Best all around RB pipe?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
brian_s

OK, I have searched around and am now looking for an opinion. What is the best all around pipe for the RB22? I have a RB with GP200 (Indian) gearing running 46/19, TMX35 and currently a NK race pipe. The bike runs great and is a ton of fun, but after some miles I have realized this is not the right pipe/gearing for me. I am looking for a pipe that can pull 4.86 in 4th gear possibly up a mellow hill or into some wind and does not require a ton of work to get off the line 2 up. Please let me know your thoughts and also where to buy (not much RB support here in the states).

Franspeed (how loud without an internal stinger?)
Jarspeed (any info on this?)
Fat Mamaba (do the end cans still fall off and can you run full body work)
NK Rally or Road (worth it?)
JL3 (I have one in the garage I could modify/weld the header on to make it fit the RB?
others?

Thanks for any info!
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hi , seems you have the same problem i had , i had the franspeed race at first (on RB20) great fun but struggled into winds , hills etc. Tried his prototype tourer type and was a differnt beast power came in earlier and lost the power band hit, was only down a couple mph down top speed. Can't comment on other exhausts but i believe the jahspeed makes good power and tourque, seem to recall readspeed modified jl3's to fit as well so may be worth modifying yours first . :)
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

As bazman says, the Franspeed tourer brings the power in lower down the rev range, this might be the pipe you want, but i dont think theres alot of difference if any twix the JL3 and the tourer, apart from the angle it exits the barral, if i lived in the states and had a JL3 on the shelf i,d save myself some money and alter the JL3. Some of the other pipes available are known to crack but the JLs seem sturdy enough if fitted right, regards.
hobospeed

Has anyone tried an exhaust from http://www.pipedesign.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the road? Their dyno charts look great!

brian_s

Anyone know anything about the Bullet exhaust? Dyno graph looks promising... I feel like another consideration in my pipe choice should be running temps???
steeleyscoot

I'd recommend a chat with Simon Brace at B-Race Tuning, not come across anyone using one of his Stealth pipes on an RB, but on other cylinder kits the results are amazing. Build quality and ground clearance is top notch, you'll NEVER see one of those pipes snap...!
red
Main scooter: Scomadi TL 250 (Ltd Ed No.3)

brian_s wrote:OK, I have searched around and am now looking for an opinion. What is the best all around pipe for the RB22? I have a RB with GP200 (Indian) gearing running 46/19, TMX35 and currently a NK race pipe. The bike runs great and is a ton of fun, but after some miles I have realized this is not the right pipe/gearing for me. I am looking for a pipe that can pull 4.86 in 4th gear possibly up a mellow hill or into some wind and does not require a ton of work to get off the line 2 up. Please let me know your thoughts and also where to buy (not much RB support here in the states).

Franspeed (how loud without an internal stinger?)
Jarspeed (any info on this?)
Fat Mamaba (do the end cans still fall off and can you run full body work)
NK Rally or Road (worth it?)
JL3 (I have one in the garage I could modify/weld the header on to make it fit the RB?
others?

Thanks for any info!
End cans will always crack until it has a support bracket,mine did :(

I know a few people who are using the Franspeed or JL3 or 4
I do not try to explain why I ride Lambrettas,
For those who understand, no explanation is necessary,
For those who don't, no explantion is possible.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

who sells the rb franspeed tourer without the stinger ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information