VESPA DYNO GRAPH POSTING AREA

Post your Vespa dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
T5BEST

Mine...... ;)

Engine :

Vespa T5
Malossi 172
- Cylinder modified : ports opened and matched with casings.
- Piston modified : matched with cylinder and casings.
- Exhaust port : standard
- Cylinder head : standard modified by MMW + o-ring fitted.
- Crank flowed
- Casing inlet matched for MMW evo 1 Reedvalve.
- BGM 350 RDLC sytle Reed.
- Self Lightened flywheel with HP4 fans
- Primary 21/68
- PM old exhaust with EGT.

Carb settings:

Main : 148
Emulsion tube : DQ264
Idle jet : 48
Idle emulsion jet : B50
Needle : K16 middle clip
Slide : 45
Separated floats : 4gr
Air screw : 1 3/4 turns out.

On the dyno à Mirecourt - 5th Challenge Scootentole

This is a third gear test..
Diablo
Dealer

Heres a stage4 that we did recently. Chris Sturgess ported the barrel and we used a Proporting head. The bike runs a std upjetted carb and a JL RH exhaust.
The green graph is as it came in running very weak and an exhaust port raised by 2.5mm. It had been done by another shop and it was pretty bad. The customer complained it wouldn't pull 4th.
The blue graph is a std P2 with a sito and you can see now why it wouldn't pull in fourth with all the low down power lost. It does now with only gains over the std barrel.

dopeshots
Xbox live gamer tag: rms789
Main scooter: GP150

PX200 with bolted on Polini 208kit, Taffspeed Swift Exhaust. Std crank & carb. No porting to the cases.
MattsDad

My PX small block - Quattrini M1X, Cockspeed Tuning crank, MMW V3 Tass, 38 Mikuni, no welding - 34.09.

COCKSPEED TUNING
MattsDad

COCKSPEED TUNING
Sonny
Dealer

MattsDad wrote:Image

Well done, really impressed with the spread not just it's peak power, my only critism is it's not the most comfortable scooter i've had on the dyno LOL

Pete
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
bag5y01uk

My LML long stroked Polini 177, si24/24, JL LH.

cezeta

train drivers dr180 px for reference if anyone is considering it, im very impressed with this poverty kit. more power than a p2

standard 20mm carb and sito plus

MattsDad

Ditto, DR bulletproof, ran this for over 3 years as a bolt-on ending up at 13 with no bother from it at all.

COCKSPEED TUNING
Diablo
Dealer

Heres a Pinasco engine I built recently for Paul Fraser. Paul wanted to use as much pinasco kit as possible and supplied a 215 kit,pinasco 60mm crank,pinascos new 24mm SI carb with bellmouth(similar to a vortex) and lastly a pinasco exhaust.
Not used the carb before so was keen to find out what they were like.
The pinasco stuff is very well made but if I'm honest I wasn't expecting a lot from it. The crank is lovely though and very well flowed with less inlet timing than say a mazzecheli which allows more freedom when porting the inlet. Its also balanced.
The carb was a bitch to get right and needed me to make a 150 and a 160 main jet by drilling smaller ones. A 120 air corrector was also needed. There is no filter for this and a modified carb top was necessary. The carb inevitably spits a little which isn't good. It does work though and showed a 1.3 HP increase across the rev range.
I knew the pinasco pipe would limit power so tried it with a taffy goldline and a JL r/h.
I was very pleased with the results with the JL especially as the kit doesn't require matching of transfers.

This with a std filter set up 125mj running rich

This is with the bellmouth and 150mj 120 air corrector

Green is pinasco pipe Taffy is red and JL is Blue
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information