LAMBRETTA DYNO GRAPH POSTING AREA

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
Diablo
Dealer

Heres a nice Monza we redid recently. One of Chris' customers the scoot already pulled a healthy 27hp. It did have some issues though so the barrel was reported with lowered transfers and a reshaped exhaust and inlet.

Heres following on with our work with the GT kits(Come on Richard get some more made!).
Chris has ported this again but paying extra attention to the inlet. The old cylinder head was thrown away and a new one machined. We get TS1s in that don't make this power. Notice this isn't peaky, bung loads of exhaust timing HP but a big fat curve with plenty of torque.

Finally after dynoing this bike I phoned Ron Moss to tell him how impressed we were with his exhaust pipes. Turned into an hour long conversation! This TS1 uses one of his TS1 pipes and the customer tells me it fits first time. £250 may seem a lot for a box pipe but this is handmade and works as well as a lot of expansions. It also fits with no mods to frame or panels. Really looking forward to his kits coming out -watch this space!
These pipes compare very well to expansion pipes on TS1s so you can have the looks and sound of a std(ish) scooter with the power and reliability of a TS1. Notice that its almost a perfect power curve.
Whats also relevent is this bike was running a 28mm PHBH and went away running slightly rich with a 122main jet in. Must admit I gave it a good 5 mile road test a lot of it at full throttle and it was bang on. Job done :D
rocho68
Dealer

I recently was contacted by darrell taylor of 50cc tuning about doing some maching work for him , after getting talking he offered to take a look at my mick abbey tuned imola to see if anything could be improved on in exchange for the work that i carried out , the previous tuning work included the following -
fully ported barrel
1mm packing plate
boysen fingerports
boost port
This produced 18.46 bhp and 14.19ft.lbs
Below is the graph

Darrell has now reworked the barrel and the packer plate removed , it was then dynoed again with no changes to carburation or exhaust and produced 24.30 bhp and 18.01 ft.lbs , this was also run on an identical dyno so the figures are even more impressive .
Below is the new graph

Unfortunately darrrell has only done this for me in exchange for my work and isnt looking to do any more lambrettas as he is very busy with his line of tuning ie fizzys etc , which is a shame and i would like to thank him for the results that he has achieved from my barrel !!! :D
Last edited by rocho68 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rocho68
Dealer

chris sturgess ts1 225 ,Franspeed race, 35 Mikuni,V Force reeds, 58 mil crank, Richard Taylor ignition, 6 plate clutch, Re-worked inlet manifold,No welding or machining to barrel or casing.

Ketje

Okay, let's post another heavily ported Imola 185 graph....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know, the dyno is probably optimistic, I had my TS1 230cc dyno'd at 26,8 bhp on the same dyno. I guess the TS1 must do somthing like 21 or 22bhp but this leaves the Imola still with something around 30 HP wich is not bad.

Mike.
timdig

heres the dyno results for mine n keith hudsons ts1s (i know it says rb but they are both ts1s) the blue 1 is mine with the franspeed race ,kieths is the green 1 with his self made pipe and the red 1 is mine with a JB pipe on. as you can see these bhp figures are possible from unwelded engines with no fancy gizmos apart from centre plug heads for cooling but run low compression as using roadside pump fuel.the graphs are very different mine is faster at bottom end giving me a faster 0-60ft time than keith and his is better at top end . his fastest time is 13.74 at 98mph and mines 14.14 at 94mph we both sprint these and apart from putting a small fuel tank in mine its still my rally scooter. iv had an invite to dyno run it with auto guru shiny red and PSL so as soon as ive got time il visit these and post the graphs

timdig

heres a 4 gear run on keiths ts1 geared for 1/4 mile with this hit 98mph at 13.74secs,good spread and revs on

Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

MONZA 230 34.58 BHP 22.94 TORQUE

heres the graph drew2
have you tried it out on the road yet?

34.58 bhp 22.94 torque

Last edited by Darrell Taylor on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

IMOLA 186 28.22 BHP 18.68 TORQUE

heres another tuned imola on a 60 stroke this time ,30mm carb,std reed,jl fran,

28.22bhp 18.68 torque

Last edited by Darrell Taylor on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
stoneislandv8
Main scooter: Serveta Li125

This looks pretty limp against all the big stuff posted but thought it might be useful to someone;

So far this is a Casa185 kit striaight out of the box with no work done on it, Spanish 125 gearbox with 16T front sprocket, 42mm clubman, GP crank and 26mm dellorto with remote ramair filter.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

SR185 KIT 15.2 BHP 11.5 TORQUE

heres a dyno graph of an sr185 kit i recently ported its final set up was 15.2 bhp 11.5 torque
running on a std jetex carb thru a std airbox and a low comp head theres still plenty left in it
this is an early dyno run that i decided to run up from almost tickover in 3rd gear to display its tractability which is unusual as it has a jl4 pipe fitted which normally doesnt pull well untill 5000rpm+
but on the road it pulls hard from the point the clutch is let out and short shifts thru all 4 gears with ease which is just what the customer wanted
Last edited by Darrell Taylor on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information