gear box chatter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
darren112

good tips knowledge like it . but the kick start is not engaging on first gear . with engine running put hand on kickstart push down 1/2 inch and then the plunger engages 1st gear .gp end plt . had no problems until i changed gear boxes. :)
Lazarus

Hi Darren
I had what sounds like the same problem with my GP when I changed the 150 GP box for an Li 150 one and after lots of changed parts and adjustments shims etc it was fixed the way knowledge said.
darren112

Lazarus wrote:Hi Darren
I had what sounds like the same problem with my GP when I changed the 150 GP box for an Li 150 one and after lots of changed parts and adjustments shims etc it was fixed the way knowledge said.
hi lazarus found filings on magnetic drain plug too much for 10 miles . so this evening stripped the back end out .and found the new pressure plt not running freely as i thought in the spider .so a bit more fettling on that department.the gearbox looks fine .but think the sliding dog could do with replacing .but have seen worse in use . and trying another :) gearbox
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information