Is Anybody Out There

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Train Driver

Anyone here thought about or even tried a HID headlight conversion.
I am on a couple of bike forums and they all rave about them, at the momenty headlight is a 12v glow worm, now running a halogen bulb but this and the previous bulb don't throw the beam far.
Headlight is a Li
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

There was an article about this (and H4 bulb conversions in a Scootering issue over a year ago) and I believe that the answer was NO at that time because the majority of us use AC lighting and HID needs DC...................I might be wrong tho.

Just found the article Sccotering April 2008 No 262 in which it says......................
' High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.
............HID conversions require a DC power supply, preferably with a battery source.......

If I'm not infringing any copywright I'll be gald to copy the text onto here.
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
Train Driver

Well done rog60 i will dig out my copy, will try some of our friends across the pond forums they like their tech stuff
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

It's the copy with the 'Rallymaster' on the front cover.............
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
shocky

thought about it many times the lense needs to be clear might be able to get a round one from a bike or small car but the gp one was a problem you need a battery as well not hard to fit (vespa gts)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
mark

it cant be as easy as this says it is surely.
http://www.xenons.biz/products/hid-upgr ... rsion.html
what type of bulb do i need to fit in a series one headlight ,h3,h4,h5. or something else ???????????/
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Isn't there an issue with getting the new HID lamp the correct distance from the lens for the focal point?
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
mark

dont know ,think i will go to my local panks and ask the exoperts .
shocky

mark wrote:it cant be as easy as this says it is surely.
http://www.xenons.biz/products/hid-upgr ... rsion.html
what type of bulb do i need to fit in a series one headlight ,h3,h4,h5. or something else ???????????/
on my GTS yes it was that simple well a bit harder as i had to remove glovebox and horncast and run a wire with fuse to the battery then reasemble which took about 3 times as long as fitting everything else the size of balast can be a prob the cheaper kits have big ones like mine but there plenty of room to hide on one on said scoot , what dapper says is correct aas well focus if its to close to the reflector you end up with just a mess around the outside
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

THIS MIGHT HELP ok its US law but you get the idea http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information