RB inlet manifold

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Has anyone alterd the inlet manifold and had proven results in performence [dyno, top speed etc ], ive just alterd one by cutting it as short as i can and welding a flange on to lift the carb angle to give better clearence, knife edged the rib that runs over the reeds and blended both ends of the inlet and polished the inside, ive got to do my other one and before i start i,d like to know if ive mist anything that could inprove it even more, presumeing i have inproved it and not just wasted my time.
nick jordan

jimmers makes a really trick rb inlet manifold loads of scope for opening out and also moves the carb away from the panel,uses the mikuni rubber mount system
eibargum

Nick, thanks for the reply :D , i,ve heard there,s one or two new and improved versions out there but i havent seen any yet, decieded to alter my own mainly to give better panal clearence to let the carb breath easyer and allow me to fit a fillter if i desire. Any chance of a pic of yours Jimmers or any of the new inlets please, Ta.
eibargum

Thought i,d would have got a better responce from the lads on here, surely alot of RB owners have had a go at inproveing the inlet manifold as its far from great from new :o . Just spotted the one on the dealer products forum on here, it looks rearly nice but does,nt say if it increases performance or not and at £160 it better do, its out of my range any way, glad i did my own now, does look nice though, makes mine look like it came out of the scrap bin :lol:.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I have an example of jimmer's TS1 and RB manifolds in my workshop. I offered to show them to John Howe (Jahspeed) and the boys at JB Tuning.

The Jimmers RB item is £70, which is a whole lot cheaper than the £160 for the CNC machined item, which sems to have gone to a lot of trouble to move the reed further out from the piston, but I can't really understand why. It makes Jimmer's item seem a right bargain.

The TS1 Jimmers manifold is £65.

If I was at home at the moment, I'd post some photos.
Martin
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Martin, can I see a pic of the RB one when you get a chance please?
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
eibargum

Martin, is there any chance of a pic of the inside of the RB one, thanks.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

eibargum wrote:Martin, is there any chance of a pic of the inside of the RB one, thanks.
+1 pease
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. Here are a couple of photos.

The carb sits well back, compared to the standard fitting. Jimmers tells me that there is room to fit a TMX35 and an air filter (with elbow) under the panel without cutting.
Martin
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Thanks, looks very good!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information