Ideas for things to make

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
davidblythe

Anyone have a need for turned items that you cant buy from a dealer

will make that item for free assuming I can get the metal readily, its not the forth bridge, and its something i Havent done before

dont want to do things like top and tailing, or reprofiling heads that you can have done elsewhere better than i can do it

thinking smaller one offs that dealers/machinists aren't interested in

mainly so i can improve my ability on a lathe, its easier when you have a project to hand

Lambretta only as i dont have any knowledge of the Vespa and wont be able to visualise what you are trying to achieve

No Guarantees that I will succeed either
soulsurfer

R1 shock spacers seem to be popular David, together with machined down half nylocs to suit.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Ian Hepworth

davidblythe wrote:Anyone have a need for turned items that you cant buy from a dealer

will make that item for free assuming I can get the metal readily, its not the forth bridge, and its something i Havent done before

dont want to do things like top and tailing, or reprofiling heads that you can have done elsewhere better than i can do it

thinking smaller one offs that dealers/machinists aren't interested in

mainly so i can improve my ability on a lathe, its easier when you have a project to hand

Lambretta only as i dont have any knowledge of the Vespa and wont be able to visualise what you are trying to achieve

No Guarantees that I will succeed either
I imagine there's some J/luna stuff that might need doing.
davidblythe

made a few of those in the past, the issues are engines cases have different thread lengths for the lower mount and the variations between the mudguard fitment and top mount point

you have almost to do it bespoke for the bike unless you get very clear dimensions
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

I could do with a couple of front brake lever trunions David, that are adapted at the top to take a threded mirror stem :D , ive had 2 shop bought ones but they brake too easy, sending the mirror down the road :( . I would gladly pay you for materials and P&P.
mark

how about a front brake lever pivot bolt that has a 8mm hole in top to take a tomtom fitting
davidblythe

Eibargum Could you email any pics of the broken one to davidblythe@hotmail.com
Last edited by davidblythe on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidblythe

mark wrote:how about a front brake lever pivot bolt that has a 8mm hole in top to take a tomtom fitting

that should be possible any dimensions in respect of length, pitch and direction of thread
mark

cant get to bike at mo but will check it out asap(bout 3 months approx) unless someone else wants to 8-)
Daggs

A tool to make tightening up exhaust manifold nuts in situ easy.
You'll sell thousands :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information