REMADE ORIGINAL DISCBRAKES : ITALIAN OR SCOOTRS TYPE ?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

This thread had got me concerned about the actual make and quality of my remade front disc brake so in the interests of safety I took it apart today to do annual maintenance (ease my conscience) and the only marks I could find was a small Made in Italy stamp.......
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
scootRS.com
Dealer

Here are photos of the Italian Evergreen disc brake one to compare. Maybe easier to tell from the disc itself.
rog60

I've got the vented 'drilled' disc in mine...............
scootRS.com
Dealer

So it's the Vietnam one as I suggested. The original must say "Made in Italy" which the sand cast would pick up, though offhand I only recall the C stamp for Campagnolo.
rog60

BUT still none of the faults others have reported..............must be just lucky I guess. But I inspect regularly even to the point of removing the axle to check for cracking inside.......but if anything goes awry, rest assured I shall get the scootRS unit.
BTW I guess the brake that S&P Accessories in Leeds are selling is NOT yours.............
scootRS.com
Dealer

That's all local Vietnam market stuff.

Btw, don't get those fork links there, we've tested the local ones and they snap at a lower pressure than where originals start to bend.
rog60

Got a set of series 2 TV links :D :D :D :D :D
stokky

I have a couple of original disk brakes converted to hydraulic.

One has a bleed nipple on and one does not.

For both the best way I have found to bleed is to set up, without actually having the bub in the bike, just rest it there.

Then you can turn the hub through various angles, whilst the air bubbles rise up.

Also I keep a 3ft piece of petrol pipe type hose, that just fits over the bleed nipple. Cable tie the other end to the handlebars, and keep adding brake fluid and pump until clear of air (Simples !!)

Good luck

p.s. If you got for the Hydraulic conversion on original disk, thinks its scooter Loopy John, who makes the bottom end insert. Better that the ScootRS ones, as more contact with back of the brake pad, and gives a sharper feel. (I've had and used both !)
cezeta

a tip from a bke mechanic pal. take off the lever and pump the master cylinder with a wooden dowel or similar. bleeds up supr fast
shocky

cezeta wrote:a tip from a bke mechanic pal. take off the lever and pump the master cylinder with a wooden dowel or similar. bleeds up supr fast
biker john :lol:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information