REMADE ORIGINAL DISCBRAKES : ITALIAN OR SCOOTRS TYPE ?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Lor@n wrote:You need disc links to go with the Scootrs remade discbrake.
:cry:
Great avaitar lor@n
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
whonatic

fajes wrote:I don't think neither the original or the remade ones had any braking power... ;)
Try setting them up right and they work perfectly ! Reverse pull and proper adjustment with decent pads, they have none of the "snatchiness" of the drum brakes, with a more "progressive" feel.
cezeta

the original design is awfull. floating disk is an awfull idea and in practice does not always work. ive never had any faith in them and found a drum to be much better.

unless its hydrolic
J1MS

And ditch the inferior Lambretta cable for somthing a little more rigid that dosnt crumple when you pull the brake leaver or as cezeta says hydraulic convert it.
Lor@n

Lam46 wrote:
Lor@n wrote:You need disc links to go with the Scootrs remade discbrake.
:cry:
Great avaitar lor@n
Thanks !
http://lambrettiste.free.fr to get a FREE proper timing disc --> http://lambrettiste.free.fr/documents/f ... gradue.pdf
"A tidy shed is a sign of mental disorder"
dirtyhandslopez

J1MS wrote:And ditch the inferior Lambretta cable for somthing a little more rigid that dosnt crumple when you pull the brake leaver or as cezeta says hydraulic convert it.
The old squishy cable syndrome eh? Haven't heard of that in awhile. I thought all those cables got used up or thrown away. Has there been a new batch of spongy cables seen?
That's not going anywhere...
davla

Has anyone tried the hydraulic version of the inboard disc? i.e. how does it perform and how easy is it to bleed & maintain?
scootRS.com
Dealer

>>how easy is it to bleed

There are two types. The chunky ugly one is nice and friendly while the slim pretty one is a real bitch at times, but always looks hot when you go out together.
davla

scootRS.com wrote:>>how easy is it to bleed

There are two types. The chunky ugly one is nice and friendly while the slim pretty one is a real bitch at times, but always looks hot when you go out together.
I'm confused :? but never mind... How easy is your hydraulic inboard disc to bleed and how does it perform compared to a drum, inboard or outboard disc?.... Have you got any inboard hydraulic in silver in stock btw?
J1MS

dirtyhandslopez wrote:
J1MS wrote:And ditch the inferior Lambretta cable for somthing a little more rigid that dosnt crumple when you pull the brake leaver or as cezeta says hydraulic convert it.
The old squishy cable syndrome eh? Haven't heard of that in awhile. I thought all those cables got used up or thrown away. Has there been a new batch of spongy cables seen?
No I think most are pretty good now... But they are Lambretta sized weedy little things that have a greater tendency to crumple than say a cable that's used for a back brake on an Auto Scooter... Usually these are much stiffer than most cables used for a lambretta front brake cable. They are usually a little wider and may need to be run without the cable end to fit into its housing top and bottom but I think they work well. Same for the Clutch cable as well.

Just remove the original Inner cable first cut the outer to size and fit a new inner, one thats up to the job...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information