S3 Li 150 rebuild begginer

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
sydduckett

Thought i would post my attempts at rebuilding my shed of a scoot. Was on LCGB forums but there charging so thought i would seek advice over here.

First issue i have is the cowelling wont come off, spark plug and all bolts are off but i cant seem to stop it hitting the bottom of the frame that holds the toolbox. Am i doing somthing wrong or am i just a div. I will be replacing it so could cut it off but dont want to have the same probs when putting the new shiny one on...lol

All advice greatly accepted

Sef

sean brady scooters
Dealer

take the shocker off you div............................ :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
sydduckett

mmmm, i see now. light comes on. Was just about to leg it into garage to take shock off then remenbered i still havent got a spanner big eneough for the rear hub. Things were going so well as well.

RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

sean brady scooters wrote:take the shocker off you div............................ :lol:
Sean you have such a way with cliental :D

But Sean is right have you taken off your rear shock
Or better still take engine right out its easier to work on

You div :lol:
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

sean brady scooters wrote:take the shocker off you div............................ :lol:
and [probably] the header pipe
and you can get a bit more room by removing the bump stop rubber
sydduckett

Cheers lads. im back in the saddle so to speak after a 25 year gap and im not the most mechanical person so i expect ill be asking a lot more (div) questions. Plan is to strip her down, send the metal work to be blasted and see what im left with. depending on how good nick the legshields, pannels ect are in, i was going to have a go at prepping them myself and then sending them away for paint. Maybe even have a crack myself....or not! Then if budget stretches i like the sound of the new RB20....

Ill also keep an update of where i am with it on this thread (gets tin hat on)

sef.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

sydduckett wrote:Cheers lads. im back in the saddle so to speak after a 25 year gap and im not the most mechanical person so i expect ill be asking a lot more (div) questions. Plan is to strip her down, send the metal work to be blasted and see what im left with. depending on how good nick the legshields, pannels ect are in, i was going to have a go at prepping them myself and then sending them away for paint. Maybe even have a crack myself....or not! Then if budget stretches i like the sound of the new RB20....

Ill also keep an update of where i am with it on this thread (gets tin hat on)

sef.
No probs m8

Where here to help :D

Just one thing though do you think that a RB20 would be wise if youve not ridden for a while as this is some
kit and not for the light hearted.
Dont want to put you off just thinking with my safety hat on m8

Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
sydduckett

Cheers Smithy, iv had the scoot for a few months and a few mates have got imolas, ts1 which iv had a blatt about on so i feel i know what to expect. I was thinking of setting up midway betweem a tourer & racer, not into sitting at the lights revving the nuts off, but a little bit of poke is always appreciated :D

I suspect the kit question will form a later part of this thread as the mrs would kill me if i caned the card...lol

Sef
ArmandTanzarian

If you haven't already got it, you really should buy Sticky's book.

There is also some good info on the LCGB site that they have forgotten to restrict (so far)

http://www.lcgb.co.uk/workshop/index.html
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well done sydduckett.............
this has all the makings of a good thread/topic.................. :D
and as smiffy says.................we are here to help mate..........
good luck ,sean..................... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information