Scootrs antidive

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
paulc

anyone tried it yet?
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

No, but they told me they will do an upgrade kit so people that already have their disc brake can also upgrade to antidive.
Slow is the new fast!
ArmandTanzarian

CPH Lambretta wrote:No, but they told me they will do an upgrade kit so people that already have their disc brake can also upgrade to antidive.
That sounds good, I've got their brakes on both of my scoots.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
dunf

i've got anti-dive on my series 6, had a shot of a mates non anti-dive double disc set-up recently. Its like night and day. seriously recommend it.

i had a wee 'moment' on the way back to smallbrook when at IoW. The bumpy road back to the campsite. Loads of up and down and some off camber. well gave it some berries and (the throttle stuck on officer) so was up to nearly 90mph, car in front of me whacks on brakes because passenge is gonna be sick (no joke), i hit brakes and get that weavy weavy squidgy sensation but to be fair, the back wheel was about 2 feet in the air and the front is intermittently grabbing on the tarmac but beejesus it stopped exactly as you would expect under duress. excellently. i even managed to look like i meant it :o

they are superb. mine is the Frank Sanderson one btw.
paulc

totally agree mate. jason frost put one on my scootrs disc a couple of years ago saved me going over the bars a couple of times
soulsurfer

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
CPH Lambretta wrote:No, but they told me they will do an upgrade kit so people that already have their disc brake can also upgrade to antidive.
That sounds good, I've got their brakes on both of my scoots.
Only one per past customer at the moment, even if you bought two :?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

I fitted the ScootRS Anti-dive on my SX today. I've not finished it yet, but I've got a day off work tomorrow so I'll report back.

I've had the previous version on my GP Mugello for a couple of years, so should be in a good position to make a direct comparison.

I can say that the new one fitted a lot better than the previous non-anti-dive one. For example, the holes in the switch housing lined up with those on the bars :shock: and the wheel seems to sit centrally between the forks without any packing :shock:

No instructions or pictures supplied like it promised in their advert though :roll:

to be continued...........
paulc

are there not instructions on their site?
kejj

I got instructions from their site.
Have the disc but haven't installed it yet. Waiting for the cold swedish winter first.
timdig

ive got an anti dive fitted to a scoots rs disc on my gp, jb tuning have been doing this modification for a while, its a really good mod and simple really. il try and get a foto loaded up later, its only 1 extra nut n bolt if you need to get front wheel out. i wouldnt want to ride without it now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information