BHP verses Torque figures.............

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i,ve always personally found this very interesting...........
that is to say .........the correlation between max BHP and torque figures.................
often a peak max bhp gain can be quite easily obtained..........but so often at the expence of torque.............or at very least ,the usable spread of torque........

very rarely does tuning provide both more BHP and a usable torque gain........to suit.

in other words........
the greater the difference between peak BHP and max torque figures..............the more peaky and unrideable a scoot maybe.............generally
race scoots benefit from max BHP of course for many reasons.............
on the other hand ,the closer that BHP/Torque figures are...........the better for general use/road scoots................
for example.............30bhp/18 Ft lbs torque..........will be peaky............
where as 25 bhp/20 Ft lbs will be quite driveable........and very usable .........and on the road (as opposed to a race track........)be faster............. :D
race scoots ,although they may be high BHP........would be quite useless ridden on the road ..................two,s up ....up hill and down dale........... :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
tarmac tickler

had mine dynoed at the MFN do at the weekend, pulls like a train right up to the ton, like what its spose to!

tarmac tickler

then went back for another go and the piston tried to escape down the exhaust!!! been a diamond for two years though!! barrel shagged as well..
sean brady scooters
Dealer

:lol:
mark

heres a mates dac engine graph ,dont ask me any questions bout it cos i wasnt there :oops:
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

mark wrote:Image
heres a mates dac engine graph ,dont ask me any questions bout it cos i wasnt there :oops:
That's interesting ............... what does "padded" mean? .............. PV closed?
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

tarmac tickler wrote:had mine dynoed at the MFN do at the weekend, pulls like a train right up to the ton, like what its spose to!
What engine is that then.......35.7ft-lbs torque ??

I always find those types of graphs anoying where the RPM and power units for ft-lbs and BHP are shown on different scales.

Which companies dyno is that?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
mark

padded ? who knows but pv = powervalve ;)
this was on diablos dyno
tarmac tickler

What engine is that then.......35.7ft-lbs torque ??

I always find those types of graphs anoying where the RPM and power units for ft-lbs and BHP are shown on different scales.

Which companies dyno is that

its me sprinter (well it was till piston went awol) rapido 238cc

some mobile truck, proper job mind, maybe someone who was there knows more?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

you,d be lucky to find a 500cc motor that gives that much torque................ :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information