Anyone Using A 30mm Dellorto On A TS1?

Check here for a list of various carb set-ups to help with jetting and all aspects of carb trickery!
soulsurfer

If so which one and how is it going? Also have you used an EGT guage on it?
Cheers
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
J1MS

A couple of the Liverpool lads have them on there scooters I think they are in the 20+ BHP but go a little better than you would think.. One of the lads John is off to Chiselspeeds tomorrow to get his on the Dyno as he has fitted a new ignition system and wants to know if it will work with Chisels Advance/Retard unit... So its getting done tomorrow... If I can I will try to get him to post the dyno print out or see if he will give me a copy... Dellorto 30 VHSH is whats on it... I will try my best... :)
flatnacker

hi ive just built a ts1 motor im useed a dellorto vhsh 30mm it works great not had it dyno'd but its got loads of drive and about 85mph confermed by a car speedo so about 80 sitting upright....
soulsurfer

Cheers flatnacker, how easy is the VHSH to set up?

J1MS, any news on your mate's dyno?
J1MS

Found a fault with the engine. Reeds I think. It's goingback soon. Will let you know when it goes back down. But the ignition he had readspeed type off Electrix world wasn't compatible with the chisel advance retard. But I didn't think it would be as it's not regulated at the pick up as a standard electronic.
soulsurfer

J1MS wrote:Found a fault with the engine. Reeds I think. It's goingback soon. Will let you know when it goes back down. But the ignition he had readspeed type off Electrix world wasn't compatible with the chisel advance retard. But I didn't think it would be as it's not regulated at the pick up as a standard electronic.
Hi Mark, any chance of finding out what jetting he currently has?
Chers
Mike
J1MS

soulsurfer wrote:
J1MS wrote:Found a fault with the engine. Reeds I think. It's goingback soon. Will let you know when it goes back down. But the ignition he had readspeed type off Electrix world wasn't compatible with the chisel advance retard. But I didn't think it would be as it's not regulated at the pick up as a standard electronic.
Hi Mark, any chance of finding out what jetting he currently has?
Chers
Mike
Will try to find out, he said he would let me know when he was taking it back to Chisels, but I havnt heard anything. I will give him a call.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Using a 30mm VHSH on my TS tuned by Ian at Taffspeed in a series 2 jetting below mate

Carb Set Up (Series 2 TS1 225 Taffspeed) PT Dynod @ Chiselspeed
Dellorto 30mm Flatslide (Taffspeed) VHSH
Slide 50
Needle K32p2 2nd setting
Atomizer DQ265
Main Jet 160
Pilot 40
Choke 60

Toddy
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
T5BEST

Toddy wrote:Using a 30mm VHSH on my TS tuned by Ian at Taffspeed in a series 2 jetting below mate

Carb Set Up (Series 2 TS1 225 Taffspeed) PT Dynod @ Chiselspeed
Dellorto 30mm Flatslide (Taffspeed) VHSH
Slide 50
Needle K32p2 2nd setting
Atomizer DQ265
Main Jet 160
Pilot 40
Choke 60

Toddy
Hi Toddy,

What is your exhaust with this setup.....??

Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information