Targa Twin!!!

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
justbretta

What a beautiful piece of kit. Shame that certain dealers can't make supposed carbon fibre Lambretta products of that sort of quality in the UK!!! :D
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Amazing performance aside - give it a few miles with those two carbs spitting shite out all over the place - it'll look as shitty as every other lambretta engine :D :D

I want one....please...
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
CT.

How about a nice purpose-built carbon fibre airbox made to go where the toolbox goes ??? 8-)
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Better still, how about intergrating an external air flow system to that lovely bit of kit.. ;) very similar set up to what Ive been working on but with downdraft from under leggys feeding the cowl/flywheel cover... ;)
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Certain elements of that look like Charlies work... and some look sub standard to his work. I'll call him tomorrow an get him to take a look. The powerjets are certainly his. The pipe looks like an ''attempt' at pipe making and not up to his standard to me and not what I saw on the twin at all.. maybe a copy.
The targa twin fellas did not spit petrol as the pipe worked, it run filters anyway and it was of course set up properly. What Sticky tested in scootering whilst in Italy was not how it was sent back sadly. I wish Sticky had ridden the twin while Charlie still had it. The videos through the alps say it all really.
However... on a plus side we know what is capable... and with a race setup.. big ex timing and of course the two pipes to go with it.... mmmmmm :twisted:
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
100mphlambrettaclub
Dealer

I did a 20 k test ride with Tino back in May around Elba on his demo bike.Power delivery was super smooth and it pulled well.Power was high up in the rev range but that was down to the pipe etc. Problem i had was the roads were all twisty and the bike was in some serious need of brake developement (it had a cable pull standard disc). Despite that you could see the true potential of it would be limitless set up right.
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Here's one other photo that wasn't in the original post

David,

Has this engine been this modified by RS performances, Tino, or someone else?

Este motor ha sido éste modificado por RS_Performance, Tino, o algún otro?
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
david
Playstation gamer tag: darkbretta

Tino has sent me these pics, last week, before sending the engines (the other one will be ready the 25th of this month.
Everything comes from Tino. he is doing updates on engines when the parts are proven. For example the powerjet has come on july , I didn´t knew it before. the pipe is a Charlie Edmonds design but not made by him ( I think)
I am going to make a pair of exhaust and mufflers with french RSPerfomances with better quality welding and mild steel.
I don't know for the moment if I tune this one, just want pleasure and reliability....let's see later...at least better compression and a pair broad range of use pipes would be enough for road use.......
But I imagine (if one day there a TargaTwin challenge on a track) I will buy another pair of cylinder & heads (same cc not big bored) put reed valves inlet, VHS carbs , granturismo clutch....
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

tony wrote:Certain elements of that look like Charlies work... and some look sub standard to his work. I'll call him tomorrow an get him to take a look. The powerjets are certainly his. The pipe looks like an ''attempt' at pipe making and not up to his standard to me and not what I saw on the twin at all.. maybe a copy.
david wrote:Tino has sent me these pics, last week, before sending the engines (the other one will be ready the 25th of this month.
Everything comes from Tino. he is doing updates on engines when the parts are proven. For example the powerjet has come on july , I didn´t knew it before. the pipe is a Charlie Edmonds design but not made by him ( I think)
So if this is a Tino engine, is it simply case of keeping the costs down to a viable level?
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
the-brickie
Xbox live gamer tag: cap willard

So was the varitronic made specially for this twin?

P.S. I love it and want one.. not quite cracking one off over it but yes... its a beautiful thing..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information