franspeed touring exhaust

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Tosh

fitting the exhaust after a respray i have fitted the stub first then fitted everything else slack, then ive started from the back
tightening every thing up now the problem is that the kick start wont go back to the rubber stop it hits the expansion part
just before it becomes narrow for the muffler section. Hope someone has any ideas as its doing my head in...
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Tosh wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:56 pm fitting the exhaust after a respray i have fitted the stub first then fitted everything else slack, then ive started from the back
tightening every thing up now the problem is that the kick start wont go back to the rubber stop it hits the expansion part
just before it becomes narrow for the muffler section. Hope someone has any ideas as its doing my head in...

Leave it all as loose fit and try the kickstart see if it returns then set in place and tighten up ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Tosh

Thanks toddy for getting back to us but ive tried that its as though the expansion part sits to low but if i pull it up lets say towards
the shark fin so it misses the kick start, then it doesnt line up with the rear muffler section
Toddy

They can be awkward sometimes what engine/cylinder are you fitting it on ?
Tosh

yes its a bgm 195 non reed it had a clubman 42mm on for the coast to coast last year just thought id have a change,
well just got back in from the garage ive managed to fit it but ive dropped the kickstart down a notch so it doesnt hit the exhaust.
tomorrow ill start it and see if it doesnt make the clicking sound, FINGERS CROSSED
Toddy

Tosh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:37 pm yes its a bgm 195 non reed it had a clubman 42mm on for the coast to coast last year just thought id have a change,
well just got back in from the garage ive managed to fit it but ive dropped the kickstart down a notch so it doesnt hit the exhaust.
tomorrow ill start it and see if it doesnt make the clicking sound, FINGERS CROSSED
Good luck :D
Tosh

Well it's up and running now with no clicking sound
Very happy 😊, just after a couple of shocks for the front and I'll
Be on the road.
Toddy

Tosh wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 pm Well it's up and running now with no clicking sound
Very happy 😊, just after a couple of shocks for the front and I'll
Be on the road.
Happy days :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information