Hard to start

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
YAMLAM

Adam_Winstone wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:43 pm Where is the PHBH from? Is it a YSN copy (don't read that as a negative... just a question for background)
[/quote

t`s a genuine Dellorto.
win or lose have a booze
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

YAMLAM wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:21 am Tried my carb with all his jets in it but not the 45 slide, it started first kick !
put his back on with the 45 slide wont start. Can the slide cut away make any difference on start up ?
The 40 slide is richer ;-)
You could try a bigger slow running jet & adjust accordingly the fuel screw to set bikes idle
GL
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Mrnice71 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:20 am
YAMLAM wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:41 pm It`s a genuine Dellorto.
I shall try just my slide (40) in his carb , if it starts ,then he can buy a new slide , if it doesnt ,i will put my carb back on it and get his carb vapour blasted to make sure its not blocked anywhere.
I personally wouldn't vapour blast a carb , ultrasonic cleaning is a better option
+1
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
YAMLAM

well, i thought changing the carb had cracked it. started first kick, left it 2/3 hours,started first kick, left it another 3 hours , first kick again.
next day i got 7 days insurance on it, went to take it for a test ride , fired once ,then wouldn't start, took plug out,was wet but not flooded , plug back, in started straight up.
Rides very nice, feels very torquey.
went to start it Wednesday, wouldn't start, p1551ing down with rain so didn't investigate any further.
owned scooters since 7
late 79`, have experienced most of the problems associated with Lambrettasbut this is doing my nut.
win or lose have a booze
Toddy

What ignition are you running ?
YAMLAM

brand new BGM v4.5 stator, BGM CDI, strobed at 17 deg.good spark. Ive run reed valved TS1 and Rapido 225.
The carb does make a squeeking noise when you kick it over , but Eden assured me this is normal and nothing to worry about.
win or lose have a booze
Toddy

YAMLAM wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:42 am brand new BGM v4.5 stator, BGM CDI, strobed at 17 deg.good spark. Ive run reed valved TS1 and Rapido 225.
The carb does make a squeeking noise when you kick it over , but Eden assured me this is normal and nothing to worry about.

Was just thinking it may be an electrical issue ?
YAMLAM

tried a different CDI ( off my running lambretta), still the same ,
out of desperation, i drilled a choke jet , no.70, out to 1mm. Scoot started second kick with the biggest blue cloud of smoke ive ever seen , ran for about 5 seconds then back fired ! plug was oily , so ive just ordered a no.80 and no.90 choke jet.
Fingers crossed
win or lose have a booze
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

YAMLAM wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:45 pm tried a different CDI ( off my running lambretta), still the same ,
out of desperation, i drilled a choke jet , no.70, out to 1mm. Scoot started second kick with the biggest blue cloud of smoke ive ever seen , ran for about 5 seconds then back fired ! plug was oily , so ive just ordered a no.80 and no.90 choke jet.
Fingers crossed
That's electrical!
Toddy

Are the reeds ok ? Squeaking not head gasket is it ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information